HBO Max viewing with Hopper3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've got a plasma tv with only one HDMI input. I use a HDMI splitter with 5 outputs.
My brand has been discontinued but it's a 1 in and 5 out with a small remote.
I don't understand this. For your plasma TV, you would need some number if inputs and 1 output for the TV. Maybe you have a passive device for which the signal direction does not matter? I make a habit of buying those automatic switchers which switch to the active input as soon as you turn one on. Of course that may or may not work if one of the devices is always on (such as Dish receivers). I find my automatic switchers still work on my Dish receiver, as long as the other devices really do turn off. The TVs I have FireTV Sticks on, I have to occupy the 2nd HDMI input on the TV and switch with the TV. PITA! Why don't these devices ever turn off? Don't answer that; I know their excuse. :mad:

They do if you unplug them.
Well... I handled this in the simplest way I could: a switch with Joey (and a BD player, and a streaming player) on 1 HDMI input, and the FireTV Stick on the other. I suppose I could put the FireTV Stick on a smart switch and fix that, but then I'd have to dig out the FireTV Stick wall wart to power it off the smart switch. It's currently plugged into a power column with multiple high-current USB A jacks.

That is probably more detail than anybody cares to read about!

Nothing on HBO Max worth that amount to watch IMO. WW84 was released today but I found it else where and it wasn't all that great so don't waste your money if you didn't get it gifted.
Now as for the two HDMI input stuff.. I only use 1 and I have 4 devices all feeding to it. Reason why is I use a high end 7.2 receiver that all of them feed to and it upconverts everything straight to the TV. I invested over $5k into my home theater a year ago and I'm damn happy I did it with how covid pushed me home more. I'll never go to another theater again because of it!

Do a sound system. I have 4 hdmi ports on my tv, and 4 on my sound system. The sound system is hooked up to one of the hdmis on the tv and everything runs through it. So essentially, I have 3 extras to play with if I fill up all 4(I currently have 3 things connected to the AVr).

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't understand this. For your plasma TV, you would need some number if inputs and 1 output for the TV. Maybe you have a passive device for which the signal direction does not matter? I make a habit of buying those automatic switchers which switch to the active input as soon as you turn one on. Of course that may or may not work if one of the devices is always on (such as Dish receivers). I find my automatic switchers still work on my Dish receiver, as long as the other devices really do turn off. The TVs I have FireTV Sticks on, I have to occupy the 2nd HDMI input on the TV and switch with the TV. PITA! Why don't these devices ever turn off? Don't answer that; I know their excuse. :mad:
It's the other way around.:facepalm. I have the ROKU, Hopper and Blue Ray going into the splitter and the splitter going into my A/V receiver and then the receiver to the TV.:coco The splitter is A//VOL. It has a small remote that has buttons on it that you select which HDMI port you want. It's a powered device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts