HBO Max - WarnerMedia Announces Upcoming Streaming Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Streams great on my Apple TV 4k, and my Firestick 4K where I sideloaded it.
[whining]I don't want to side load![/whining]

But yes... if one is a member of the Apple Cult, there is Apple to stream HBO Max.

[whining]I don't want to side load![/whining]

But yes... if one is a member of the Apple Cult, there is Apple to stream HBO Max.

Yeah, I am not a fan either. It is nice to be able to, but annoying to have to. Waiting until tomorrow's Apple "event" to see if there is a new Apple TV forthcoming before I decice whether to swap out the Amazon devices for something more compatible, if less open.

From now on, refer it as HBOMAX, so people will know it is different.
hbo-max.jpg

:oops:o_O:eeek

People will think its HBO Cinemax
They already do, or at least did. When they first announced HBO MAX everyone thought that they were going to combine the two services. They didn't do that at all. I, for one, was very disappointed....

Neato. Needed a software update, but now the Airplay is working on the Roku Premiere. A pain that I need a phone to stream from, but this seems to be the new normal.

Anyone experience audio sync issues with HBO Max? On my Google TV Chromecast, the audio for YouTube TV is perfectly synced, but HBO Max is noticeably and annoyingly off. On the HBO Max app I sideloaded on my 4K FireTV, the audio sync is fine, but off for YouTube TV. The only related settings I've touched in my setup is the audio sync settings bypass on my LG OLED CX TV (before doing that I was having widespread sync issues on various devices and apps), and switching the bypass off and adjusting manually only makes it worse for HBO Max on my Chromecast. Both devices (Chromecast and 4K FireTV) are connected directly to my TV and then audio goes to my new Denon AVR via eARC. I know I can adjust the audio delay settings in my AVR, but then other apps would be out of whack on the same device.

Last edited:

WarnerMedia announced today that HBO Max, the popular streaming platform, will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. This launch brings HBO Max into the living rooms of tens of millions of Amazon device customers.

Amazon Fire TV is the #1 streaming media player family in the US. HBO Max will be compatible with the entire Fire TV line-up including the all-new Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick Lite.

Maybe this streaming service can finally get some traction in the market! I have been enjoying Ghosts, and I watched The Dead Don't Die last night. I also installed a new 55" Insignia FireTV Edition in the workout room on Saturday, and sideloading was as annoying as ever. I'll be glad to not have to do it again (for a while anyway).

I just reconfigured my bedroom setup this weekend (moving my living room TV and AVR) only to realize I still don't have access to HBO Max in there. I guess I'll be looking at adding a new FireTV device rather than upgrading my 4yo Roku this Black Friday, unless there's another big announcement in the next week.

WarnerMedia announced today that HBO Max, the popular streaming platform, will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. This launch brings HBO Max into the living rooms of tens of millions of Amazon device customers.

Amazon Fire TV is the #1 streaming media player family in the US. HBO Max will be compatible with the entire Fire TV line-up including the all-new Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick Lite.
Can we assume Roku is not far behind.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)