HBO movies - early ? late ? (Star Wars)

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
How close does HBO hold to its start times for movies ?

I'm asking because - like many people - I'm going to DVR as many of the Star Wars movies today as I can, and I am wondering how to set the "minutes early" setting ?

What happened in the case of the previous HBO showings of Star Wars movies back-to-back ?

Thanks!

To answer my own question - for some future person doing a search of the Forum - they started each movie after the beginning of the Guide start time, so no pre-record was necessary.

And most of the movies had a significant amount of HBO commercials in the last few minutes of the scheduled time slot. This was longer in prime time than in late night, and probably varied depending on the actual running time of the film as compared to the time slot.

If you can remember to come back to your DVR within 5 or 10 minutes of the scheduled end time, you might be able to shave a few minutes off the length of the recording (by stopping when the commercials start) and thus save some hard drive space. If you want to recordings to be "clean", you will need to start manually, because some will have a minute or so of commercials at the beginning (but others not).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)