HBO on AppleTV

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Im on the fence about the new model coming, and was wondering if the HBO series on AppleTV are HD. On itunes it does not appear they are. Amazon Vod has them, but they are $2.09 for SD, which is ridiculous.

I don't think that anyone knows for sure. Right now I believe it is SD and the prices are comparable to what you would pay on Amazon and Roku.

Personally I have not seen a compelling reason to go with the Slimmed down Apple TV over Roku but since we don't have all the details I may have to eat those words.

It's currently SD, which sucks. I really hate HBO, and they show you how stupid these studios are. Someone would be willing to pay $3/epi, 4 times per month, and you wont give them HD??

The new ATV woulda been compelling with this, but Amazon VOD on TiVo does just fine. Guess Ill wait and see.

It's currently SD, which sucks. I really hate HBO, and they show you how stupid these studios are. Someone would be willing to pay $3/epi, 4 times per month, and you wont give them HD??

The new ATV woulda been compelling with this, but Amazon VOD on TiVo does just fine. Guess Ill wait and see.

There will be some changes in the pricing structure at least when the new Apple TV rolls out. But again we don't know all the details. One hing we do know though is the Apple TV model will be one time rental only. With Amazon at least you own the content and could watch it again on an authorized device.

I have Roku now and paln to stand pat unless Apple gives me a reason to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)