Hbo Ppv

OK, thanks garys. I am not sure where the PPV is coming from now. Tony Stewart said HBO PPV. The dish schedule just says "PPV Sports." The channel number says SPORT 455. I have the timer set for it at 5:30pm CDT on 4 June. I think the DRM thing is for movies only. So I would think this should stay in My Recordings till I delete it. Time will tell I guess.

HBO Sports is the one with the rights to it (they'll show the replay on HBO about a month or so later usually). The sports channels (454-464) is where the sporting events and replays usually are

455 is the "first run" channel of an event

DRM is for any program. Folks may find their normal programs may have DRM. It is up to the provider to use or not use DRM. Since it will be hard to tell what progam will have the DRM encoding-it is best to watch any DVR recording within one month.

if you ordered the $24.99 broadcast of the prelude you do know you bought the SD feed right??? The HD feed is $10.00 more

if you ordered the $24.99 broadcast of the prelude you do know you bought the SD feed right??? The HD feed is $10.00 more

Thanks adamwilkes20. Yes, I discovered that I bought the SD instead of HD when yaz96 brought it to my attention. The SD will be OK. I learned a lot about PPV last couple of days. I also discovered I need to learn the channel guide better than I know it now. The duplication of channels was confusing to me when I joined dish and I finally figured it out a little better. Now all this PPV and VOD stuff is another story but I will learn it better. Still don't see Howard Stern anywhere. Is everyone sure his shows aren't available? Thanks for everyones help.

DRM is for any program. Folks may find their normal programs may have DRM. It is up to the provider to use or not use DRM. Since it will be hard to tell what progam will have the DRM encoding-it is best to watch any DVR recording within one month.

Actually, it's really easy to tell if a PPV has limited recording, in the payment info screen it will say "Limited Recording" in bright yellow text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)