HBO problem on Dish..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glubfish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I was having problems yesterday with having the ad type HBO app instead of the non--ad HBO app that I'm paying for through Dish. There is a price difference between the two. I called Dish tech support to ask what was happening and the tech support person didn't even know there was an app for HBO. He wanted to argue that there was no such thing. I finally asked to speak to a supervisor that told me that HBO started only offering the HBO with ads as of two weeks ago. I asked the supervisor if she were sure this was the case and she told me she was. I then called HBO directly to confirm this and they told me she didn't know what she is talking about. In case any other folks are misinformed by Dish support I thought I should post this. I did get the ad free HBO working again. I had to reset my HBO through the computer and then go back and log in again on the app on my TV. I suspect there may have been an authorization problem somewhere. Anyway, it is not true that HBO now only offers the ad enabled HBO.

A couple of weeks ago HBOMAX stopped working. I got the message that Dish was not allowing the app on both my Roku's , LG Smart TVs , and laptops. I had to call HBOMAX and they walked me through the setup for using Dish as my provider. All the Dish HBO channels were active.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was having problems yesterday with having the ad type HBO app instead of the non--ad HBO app that I'm paying for through Dish. There is a price difference between the two. I called Dish tech support to ask what was happening and the tech support person didn't even know there was an app for HBO. He wanted to argue that there was no such thing. I finally asked to speak to a supervisor that told me that HBO started only offering the HBO with ads as of two weeks ago. I asked the supervisor if she were sure this was the case and she told me she was. I then called HBO directly to confirm this and they told me she didn't know what she is talking about. In case any other folks are misinformed by Dish support I thought I should post this. I did get the ad free HBO working again. I had to reset my HBO through the computer and then go back and log in again on the app on my TV. I suspect there may have been an authorization problem somewhere. Anyway, it is not true that HBO now only offers the ad enabled HBO.

Good post I bet it will help someone. I am in shock DISH CSR's were clueless.

1651376975871.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)