HBO Says It’s Going to Start Selling on the Web Next Year

I can't see HBO pricing themselves too high. $9.99 sounds like the right price point for their streaming service, like what WWE did. Yes, their content is in high demand, but they don't have anywhere near the amount of content compared to a Netflix, Amazon or Hulu. So they can't price it too much higher for it to succeed.
What they lack in quantity, they make up for in quality and up-to-date. They'll have movies much sooner than Netflix or Amazon.

I wonder if they will pull their content from Amazon Prime when this begins.
They only added the older stuff to Prime, so hopefully not. Or until I finish The Wire.

What they lack in quantity, they make up for in quality and up-to-date. They'll have movies much sooner than Netflix or Amazon.

They only added the older stuff to Prime, so hopefully not. Or until I finish The Wire.
Not in all cases, all of the above mentioned have different deals, with different movie studios.Some movies won't be on Hbo at all.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not in all cases, all of the above mentioned have different deals, with different movie studios.Some movies won't be on Hbo at all.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Sorry, I should have specified that the movies shown on HBO would be available on HBO To Go, typically quicker than movies would become available at other sources. I didn't think I needed to spell that out longhand.

HBO's Streaming Only Service Likely $15 Per Month

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/HBOs-Streaming-Only-Service-Likely-15-Per-Month-130932

Time people pay for streaming of just a few channels they will be better off not cutting the cord you end up getting more for your dollar. Only way to ever get prices down will be the people putting pressure on the networks and movie studios for over paying those in hollywood which in the end dictates everything.

Many of us only want a handful of channels, and the big advantage of this (I assume) is no contract being tied to them. Drop and add as you see fit with no penalty (again, my assumption).

HBO's Streaming Only Service Likely $15 Per Month

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/HBOs-Streaming-Only-Service-Likely-15-Per-Month-130932

Time people pay for streaming of just a few channels they will be better off not cutting the cord you end up getting more for your dollar. Only way to ever get prices down will be the people putting pressure on the networks and movie studios for over paying those in hollywood which in the end dictates everything.
If I could get TCM and NBCSN for $15 a piece, I'd cut the cord and save $50+ a month.

$15 a month for HBO doesn't seem too crazy. If you don't have cable or sat, $15 a month is pretty cheap.

At $15 per month, why would anyone not sign up for one of the internet/basic cable/HBO packages that some providers are offering instead? Comcast only charges $5 per month extra to add HBO and local channels to their internet service.

It seems to me that HBO and CBS have decided to offer streaming services that they don't really want to have succeed. Then they can come back and say, look we tried, but there just isn't a huge market for it.

At $15 per month, why would anyone not sign up for one of the internet/basic cable/HBO packages that some providers are offering instead? Comcast only charges $5 per month extra to add HBO and local channels to their internet service.

Wow $5 to add HBO and locals to internet only package?? I would gladly pay $10 to just have local channels, but Charter wants $39 just to add the minimum TV package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts