HBO & SHO promotion-free 3 months

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
I am a current Turbo HD plat subscriber
If i do the HBO and SHO for 3 months promotion........
at the end of 3 months I am supposed to call and down grade to prevent the charge after 3 months...
does this mean that they will charge me a downgrade fee???

Thanks Joe

I was told that I had to call to cancel it or they would charge me $20 per month after the free three months.

If you want to cancel I would call just to be safe.:)

I set up my own auto cancel on my account page at the DISH website. The option showed up a few weeks before the promo was to expire. No downgrade fee was charged.

I set up my own auto cancel on my account page at the DISH website. The option showed up a few weeks before the promo was to expire. No downgrade fee was charged.

I used the auto-cancel button on the website, also. I was a little skeptical, but everything went through perfectly fine. Why am I always shocked when something goes right with my Dish account? :D

Can I ask an additional question? Can one add and drop these 3 month promos over and over? Or is it only for first time sign-ups?

It sounds like people that have been long-term customers can add these as well. But before I did, I'd want to make sure I wasn't being charged since I'm an existing subscriber.

they have gotten smart and now added clause in term that if u had hbo as promo then u dont qualify...

I have the HBO/Showtime promotion which is good for 3 months and is equal to at $60 credit for the 3 months.

If I cancel the HBO/Showtime promotion after 6 weeks, will I still get the remaining $30 credit, which I can apply against my bill. Or is the credit also cancelled along with the service?

I am not an HBO/Showtime fan, I would rather pocket the $30 as opposed to keeping the service on for 6 more weeks.

Does anyone know if you still get the credit if you drop the service early?

I have the HBO/Showtime promotion which is good for 3 months and is equal to at $60 credit for the 3 months.

If I cancel the HBO/Showtime promotion after 6 weeks, will I still get the remaining $30 credit, which I can apply against my bill. Or is the credit also cancelled along with the service?

I am not an HBO/Showtime fan, I would rather pocket the $30 as opposed to keeping the service on for 6 more weeks.

Does anyone know if you still get the credit if you drop the service early?

I can't imagine they would give away free credits like that. But feel free to try it and let the rest of us know how it went. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)