HBO/Starz HD on East and West Coast

shorrock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
So we were watching a movie on Starz West last night, and it tagged the in HD where available. Got me thinking, does the West coast only get the East coast HD on the channels, or do they get a separate HD Channel?

If so, Why doesn't Dish open up those feeds to all? You'd think it be an easy way to add more HD content that they already transmit.

Anyone know?

Tom

Only 1 HD FEED

So we were watching a movie on Starz West last night, and it tagged the in HD where available. Got me thinking, does the West coast only get the East coast HD on the channels, or do they get a separate HD Channel?

If so, Why doesn't Dish open up those feeds to all? You'd think it be an easy way to add more HD content that they already transmit.

Anyone know?

Tom
There is Only 1 HD feed no matter what sat you are pulling it off of. I sure would like to see them supply both E & W feeds of HBO. Showtime, & Starz HD channels but right now they don't.

Anyone know?

Tom

Tom - :welcome to SatelliteGuys.us!

Why don't they provide more feeds? Its all about bandwidth and available transponders on the sats. Each HD channel takes a LOT of space to broadcast (although the move to MPEG-4 will enable them to do more).