HBO streaming service could launch in April for $15 per month, work on Apple TV

Hmmm..... Works fine on AppleTV. Got the email and finished the registration so it was available for other devices and web browsers. Tested on iPad Air and works fine with the email/password I used for the registration.

But from Windows 8.1 it won't sign in from IE or Chrome, both latest versions. Click sign in, fill out email password combo from registration and it goes right back to the main (info) screen. Hopefully this is just a first day bug.

Signed up on my iPhone, and I will check it out on the Apple TV tonight. I dropped HBO from my Dish account, so now I will be saving $5/month!

HBO Now launched on Apple TV and iOS. Looks pretty much like HBO Go. I thought it was going to include streams of the live HBO channels, but that is not in it. Signed up for the trial, we'll see if I keep it.

It might not be technically live but if it works the same way as HBO Go you will be able to start shows as soon as they start to air on Cable. Last year I used HBO Go to have friends over for Game of Thrones every Sunday. By 9:01PM on Sunday nights I could launch the new episodes and watch them as they were airing on cable/satellite.

If I was still on OTA I would absolutely be subscribing to HBO Now for my Apple TV. I got a good cable deal for close to the same price as I was paying for internet alone that included HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime so I will just record with my Tivo this year. I'm glad this service is finally here for when my cable promos run out and I go back to OTA.

If I was still on OTA I would absolutely be subscribing to HBO Now for my Apple TV. I got a good cable deal for close to the same price as I was paying for internet alone that included HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime so I will just record with my Tivo this year. I'm glad this service is finally here for when my cable promos run out and I go back to OTA.

I am in year 2 of my cable deal, HBO still free and MAX/EPIX 1/2 off... At the end of the promotion my Romeos may go back to OTA with HBO NOW...

It might not be technically live but if it works the same way as HBO Go you will be able to start shows as soon as they start to air on Cable. Last year I used HBO Go to have friends over for Game of Thrones every Sunday. By 9:01PM on Sunday nights I could launch the new episodes and watch them as they were airing on cable/satellite.

Scott had said when it was announced that he read that the LIVE HBO streams would be included. I think what it does is includes a LIVE event as soon as they can get it up, but for the most part it is just HBO GO. At a pretty hefty price-tag, of $15/month. I will use the free month, whether I will keep it will depend on if I actually use it enough to merit it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)