HBO vs HBO now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KraziJoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Has anyone dropped HBO for HBO now? I know it's only $3 difference but I dvr everything and rarely watch live and its $3. Money is money.
Pros?
Cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dropped all the extras and have their lowest tier plan. Now subscribe to HBO and Showtime and view on my rooted Amazon FireTV.

Pros:
Don't have to call and renegotiate every six months
Don't have to record it. Just find what I want and watch or add to watchlists.
FireTV can be turned into an Android tablet if rooted for a familiar interface.

Cons:
Must switch from app to app.
Inconsistent app interfaces.

So far standing pat. Keeping an eye on the Tivo Bolt and interested in what DTV/ATT integration will bring. As for later, not very hopeful that any good can come from ATT. Been with DTV since '97 so breaking up will be hard to do.

Solution is a new box that will do Sat, Uverse programming, OTA recording, and Internet streaming programming like Roku, FireTV, and AppleTV.

I dropped all the extras and have their lowest tier plan. Now subscribe to HBO and Showtime and view on my rooted Amazon FireTV.

Pros:
Don't have to call and renegotiate every six months
Don't have to record it. Just find what I want and watch or add to watchlists.
FireTV can be turned into an Android tablet if rooted for a familiar interface.

Cons:
Must switch from app to app.
Inconsistent app interfaces.

So far standing pat. Keeping an eye on the Tivo Bolt and interested in what DTV/ATT integration will bring. As for later, not very hopeful that any good can come from ATT. Been with DTV since '97 so breaking up will be hard to do.

Solution is a new box that will do Sat, Uverse programming, OTA recording, and Internet streaming programming like Roku, FireTV, and AppleTV.
The wife and I talked about it but I am a sports junkie. If NESN and CSN had a streaming app, I would do it, but until that point D* has me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)