HBO Wire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Wire is not mastered in HD video. Of course, the SD source is shown on HBO-HD upconverted. HBO choose not to invest in HD production from the beginning, and evidently hasn't changed their mind. I think the show is outstanding, but it does not attract a large audience.

noremac said:
The Wire is not mastered in HD video. Of course, the SD source is shown on HBO-HD upconverted. HBO choose not to invest in HD production from the beginning, and evidently hasn't changed their mind. I think the show is outstanding, but it does not attract a large audience.

Heard that HBO has agreed to the fifth season of "The Wire," which is what David Simon, the producer, really wanted, so he could wrap up the complete story. The Los Angeles Times actually devoted an editorial to the show the week before this season's opener, lauding its vision. One paraphrased comment: "the viewer should not plan on 'vegging out' when sitting down to watch it. It challenges you every minute, but if you invest yourself in it, you will be rewarded." As the boys on the corner would say, "true, dat.":)

they probably do that to save money. i think it is cheaper to produce than other hbo shows. probably why shows like carnivale and deadwood havent lasted as long because they have such a high budget.

I too was surpised that it was not in full HD...

Looking at the photos from the set, they are shooting this with Panavision 35mm equipment, so there is no reason that i couldnt be shown in 16:9 unless there is some reason the director doesnt want it that way...

Season 2 of the Wire with Frank Zabatka and the boys down at the port union is one of the best series ever. The plot/storylines are simply amazing.

The Wire is one of the best shows on TV IMO. It is so good that I will watch it in SD, there aren't many shows I can say that about. It is disappointing however, because the PQ of the other HBO shows in HD is so good.

The confusing part is when you go to HBO and click HD they show a giant picture of a scene from the wire with the words HBO HD on it as if to imply that show, the wire is HD. Misleading. The also write the following: The Wire New episodes of The Wire air on HBO HD every Sunday night at 10PM.

HBO has not responsed to my 4 attempts to contact them.

http://www.hbo.com/hbohd/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_other1_6

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)