HBOGO on Roku - Now Available

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Why is Directv allowing us to view HBOGO on most major streaming devices except Roku? Now the Chromecast stick has gotten hbogo with Direct's support & still no love for Roku, what gives? Is it Roku's relationship with Dish? Anyone have any insight? Just seems strange that Direct supports other steaming boxes yet is deliberately ignoring the most popular one of them all.

I don't use that other section of the forum and this is probably more of a rant than a question :).

I answered in the second same post you made.......

It is a Roku thing. Just for your information, Roku has nothing to do with Echostar/Dish. Now if you have HBO with DirecTV, you just plug in your email and password that you use to log into Direct, along with choosing them as your provider, it should allow you to stream to your Roku.

Otherwise, you can just notch it up to a Roku thing, same as how Showtime To Go was supposed to be included as a part of buying the Roku, but very limited content is available through that app.

Hi guys, new to the forum and I have a question.

I currently live in Canada and subscribe to DirecTV. I also use unblock-us to access US content on Netflix, HULU Plus, etc.

I've recently bought a ROKU and am interested in setting up HBO Go, so when I went to the HBO Go site it asked me for my DirecTV email and password. Are there any risks providing my information as it relates to DirecTV finding out I am a Canadian customer? I just don't want to do anything that could affect my subscription.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)