HBOgo

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
Logged into HBOgo with my Samsung TV last night (watching Soprano's again...awesome show) and a message popped up saying HBOgo is now available on Apple TV. I haven't used my ATV for awhile, but sounds like a big change for Apple

Yes it is just a channel on Apple TV. You get all the current shows and movies immediately after they air for on demand streaming. Here is the real benefit though. They have every episode of all their shows both current and old. HBO used to charge ridiculous prices for DVD or Blu-ray TV seasons. I'm talking $50 or $60 a season. With HBO Go you have access to all of them whenever you want. A few months back I went through every episode of The Sopranos again.

Many people also share their HBO Go password so family members without a subscription can watch the current seasons.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thats awesome. Is the HD PQ good, I assume it is. One thing I like about the ATV vs the Roku is the ATV buffers content until its ready for slower connections. Its not as much streaming based as a Roku is, which can be a problem for me. My ATT DSL can act up at times as far as overall speed.

It is as good as Netflix and includes DD 5.1 sound

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just curious, if you watch HBO Go on your laptop what's the resolution supposed to be like?

Is it supposed to be 720p for anything you watch on HBO Go on your laptop?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)