Hd A35

The A35 has analog outs and will bitstream advanced audio codecs to a capable receiver for decoding. That's about it.

S~

There is also debate on whether it has a better upconverting chip than the A30. There are conflicting posts all over the web.

Oh yeah, Amazon has the A35 for $254 now too. :)

Edit:
even better deal at 6ave.com

6ave.com

Use Coupon CAT6OFF for 6% savings. No tax outside of NY/NJ and free ground shipping.

Last edited:
There is also debate on whether it has a better upconverting chip than the A30. There are conflicting posts all over the web.

Oh yeah, Amazon has the A35 for $254 now too. :)

Edit:
even better deal at 6ave.com

6th Ave Electronics: Offering HDTV, camcorders, car audio and more

Use Coupon CAT6OFF for 6% savings. No tax outside of NY/NJ and free ground shipping.

The A30 & A35 use the same Anchor Bay VRS ABT1018 chip for up-conversion. The A3 uses a lower end chip. I have the A35 and love it! Seeing the TRUHD and DTSHD MSTR (bitstreaming via A35, not on A30) lights light up on my Onkyo 605 receiver, priceless!, also the A35 allows for Deep Color support which from what I can tell might be a useless feature for quite awhile as new TV's don't support it.

See that's where the debate starts. The only thing somewhat "official" I have seen is a email from a Toshiba rep stating the A3 and A30 use the same chip while the A35 uses the Anchor Bay chip. But I also see lots of people saying the A30 is the same as the A35 and the A3 uses a slightly inferior chip.

Of course I have not seen pics or anything to prove one or the other.

From what I have seen, I agree that the A30 and A35 use the same chip. I was just stating that there are plenty of posts on the web debating it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)