hd absolute - are you confused?

iml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Any other grandfathered hd absolute customers totally confused on channels?

I never know what is in my package and what isn't. Seems we had cooking channel HD for a while, now it's gone, this seems to happen with a lot of channels.

As an absolute customer you just never know what they are going to put in your package and what they aren't and when they are going to change it.

That being said, I have no plans on changing packages, if it gets too bad, my next step would just be cancel.

As a HDA customer, I still love my package. Specially when the bill comes in and I compare it to my friends and neighbors.

Not sure how they decide which channels we get and which ones we don't, but keep in mind that if a station shows up? It's always good to come hear and look at the uplink reports and see if it says "free Preview".
If it does, then it wont be around for long.

For me HDA is perfect. Because even if I had every station Dish broadcast, I still wouldn't find anything worth watching.
So might as well be happy paying 34.77 a month for what I do get.

Cooking channel was on Free Preview for the last month. plus some others. The Absolute package (in the past) gets HD channels that are added to the Platinum package. Like Pixl. Why do all these type of threads end with: Threats of Cancelation. Go on and leave, no one will miss you. We haven't missed GoalieBob, Oh yeah, he is still hear.

I never know what is in my package and what isn't. Seems we had cooking channel HD for a while, now it's gone, this seems to happen with a lot of channels.
l.

I'm always confused about what "new" HD channesl that we will get or not.Usually when a bunch of new ones are added I check here with other hd absolute customers. :)

PS I like my package and I'm going no where as long as the price stays the same.

I wasn't threatening to leave, I was merely stating that if I did change anything it would be to cancel instead of package change, however, I wouldn't be moving to cable or directv or anything like that either...I would end up in the streaming world (which isn't quite there yet).

It's hard to leave the package due to the price and what we get it's just confusing on what HD channels we get since we clearly don't get all the HD channels anymore (not even all the HD channels in platinum).

Quite frankly, you have to give dish props for even allowing us to keep the package.

Not sure how they decide which channels we get and which ones we don't, but keep in mind that if a station shows up? It's always good to come hear and look at the uplink reports and see if it says "free Preview".
If it does, then it wont be around for long.

thanks, I will definitely start checking that, now if we could just know what they are going to include and what they aren't...for example, cooking channel was newly added, there was no way to know whether it was going to be in our package or not, I am bummed that AMC apparently will not be in our package since it is gone now after the free preview is over

strangely on natgeo I get the 186 channel still after the free preview is over but the 9429 channel says I don't get it

at any rate, as an absolute customer with a great deal we just never know what they are going to add or remove from our package, it's a little confusing is all

iml, maybe I stand corrected. I didn't know that Starz cinema, movieplex, or encore mystery were in the plat pac. Isn't Plat supposed to be all HD? I know that movieplex is SD, and I sure didn't know that encore mystery was in HD.

As an absolute customer you just never know what they are going to put in your package and what they aren't and when they are going to change it.

That being said, I have no plans on changing packages, if it gets too bad, my next step would just be cancel.

Do you have a favorites list set up, that way the free previews don't show up in your favorite list unless you add them? (you can still view the other 3 options: all channels, all subscriptions, and all hd). I've even got a couple of the channels in absolute deleted out of favorites cause they aren't watched.
It's too confusing when I gotta 'splain to the wife when she asks, "what happened to _____ channel and why can't we get it after the free look?"

HD Absolute indeed does get the HD Platinum channels.

All those movie channels are a-la-carte.

A new movie channel was just added to Platinum, channel PIXL.

Last edited:
Unless they intend on doing those 3 channels( Movieplex, Starz cinema, Encore Mystery) in HD I don't see why they decided to include them in the Plat pack at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts