HD Absolute + "Dish mover"?

knownikko

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
CA
Hi guys, here's the deal.

I have had the HD Absolute package for awhile now and absolutely (pun intended) do not want to give it up. Unfortunately I need to move, and was looking into the "dish mover" service.

We're just moving down the street, same zip code, same locals, etc. But every time I call Dish for anything I'm scared to death they're gonna muck something up, add some "feature" that I don't want, and all of a sudden I'll lose my precious HD Absolute for 40 bucks a month. So basically, I try to contact them as little as possible. :p

Has anybody here used Dish Mover with HD Absolute? I don't much care about the new 24 month commitment, but don't want them to either accidentally or deliberately push me into some new programming package and then not be able to get the old one back.

Am I being paranoid? I suppose I could just try and do the install myself and leave them out of it, or call one of the local companies directly and pay for it.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi, check your account - if your paying $40 per month you are likely to already have DHPP. I think it was one of those auto upgrades. Later, DC

He could also be paying around $40 per month for Absolute + Locals + DVR fee.
Yes, that would be it.

At any rate, thanks for the suggestion. I used the online chat and had a CSR add the DHPP to my account. I plan on calling in a couple days to schedule the move. Will be nice getting it done without having to extend the contract again.

-N

Yes, that would be it.

At any rate, thanks for the suggestion. I used the online chat and had a CSR add the DHPP to my account. I plan on calling in a couple days to schedule the move. Will be nice getting it done without having to extend the contract again.

-N

I am in the same situation. How did the move work out?