HD Absolute subsribers only. Did you get a call yet and are planning on moving?

HD Absolute subscribers only. Did you get a call yet and are planning on moving?

• YES, I got a call.

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • NO, I didn't get a call.

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • I won't do anything until it goes dark.

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
He posted information based on what he was told at that time.

Thanks for the support. I didn't respond because there seem to be a number of people on the forum that never have anything positive to contribute and just like to bitch about everything. I choose to ignore them in hopes they will disappear.

He posted information based on what he was told at that time.
Exactly! And OBTW Scott confirmed with his contacts that it was Dish making the calls. And I suspect it was Scott that actually changed the title of the thread. So...

Many thanks to lsilvest for breaking the news.:up And to Scott for confirming it. :up And thanks again to lsilvest for following up with the info that Dish is unclear about what they are actually doing about HD Absolute subs, if anything.

Maybe Dish was just testing the water, etc. Or maybe Dish will still discontinue HD Absolute in the near future. Either way SatGuys members were well served by being able to be prepared.

Talon Dancer

I never got the call, I needed to make the change, so I called the corporate office. Talked to Louis, asked for the"package" for HD Absolute customers. He said there is no package, $100 upgrade to a 722, no monthly discounts. but he could throw in 3 mo. Starz & Platinum. I said you don't want my business very bad and hung up. Well I have always had great luck emailing the CEO, so I did. I mentioned about a "campaign " to move HD Absolute customers to America Top programing, and that I wanted to dish-it-up to a 722K because my 622's HDMI output had failed. Less than 36 hours, I got a phone call from James who was polite and very knowledgable. I had mentioned in the email what the other customers were offered. He said that there is no official campaign and that this was a new quarter with new promotions. So I got a new 722K for $100, it takes a special code he put in. With a free OTA tuner, he could only offer 10- $5 credits and 3 mo.Starz & Platinum. He said to sign up for HD for life and that 24 mo. commitment would run concurrent with my 722K upgrade. So it looks like Dish has about $100 to keep subscribers who had minimal programing and that is what I spent. I call that a wash. I am very happy with additonal programing and sports and have no regrets leaving HD Absolute. If they do add the $6 mo. access fee, the cost difference is not that great. I had been out of contract for about 2 years. That's my story, I hope it will help others who want to upgrade or change programing.

I never got the call, I needed to make the change, so I called the corporate office. Talked to Louis, asked for the"package" for HD Absolute customers. He said there is no package, $100 upgrade to a 722, no monthly discounts. but he could throw in 3 mo. Starz & Platinum. I said you don't want my business very bad and hung up. Well I have always had great luck emailing the CEO, so I did. I mentioned about a "campaign " to move HD Absolute customers to America Top programing, and that I wanted to dish-it-up to a 722K because my 622's HDMI output had failed. Less than 36 hours, I got a phone call from James who was polite and very knowledgable. I had mentioned in the email what the other customers were offered. He said that there is no official campaign and that this was a new quarter with new promotions. So I got a new 722K for $100, it takes a special code he put in. With a free OTA tuner, he could only offer 10- $5 credits and 3 mo.Starz & Platinum. He said to sign up for HD for life and that 24 mo. commitment would run concurrent with my 722K upgrade. So it looks like Dish has about $100 to keep subscribers who had minimal programing and that is what I spent. I call that a wash. I am very happy with additonal programing and sports and have no regrets leaving HD Absolute. If they do add the $6 mo. access fee, the cost difference is not that great. I had been out of contract for about 2 years. That's my story, I hope it will help others who want to upgrade or change programing.

You don't have to change your programming just to upgrade equipment. I went from 622 to 722k and still have Absolute.