HD Access credit expiring soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blueridge66

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Northern AZ
My 24 month $10 HD access credit will expire within a month or so. Seems like I recall a post that DTV extended the credit and sent an email to confirm. Anyone have experience with getting DTV to extend the credit beyond 24 months and, if so, did it take any action on your part?

You may have read my post on this subject. They sent an email and a post card that said it was a reminder about my free hd access. I got them this March and my free hd runs out this June. I assumed, incorrectly, that they were extending my deal. They are now claiming that it was simply a reminder that there are qualifications to maintain the free hd. Seems sketchy to me! Anyway, nothing can happen until my deal runs out next month, then I will find out if they are willing to do anything to keep me as a customer.

A couple months ago I called on another subject and ask about the extension. The CSR suggested I use the contact link and ask so I did this morning. The reply I got was to call! Any case I did call and got the same type answer as you. They won't do anything until the credit runs out but the CSR did say to call back and "hinted" there would be some kind of credit available. So I've got a text reminder set up to call a couple days after it expires in mid-June

You may have read my post on this subject. They sent an email and a post card that said it was a reminder about my free hd access. I got them this March and my free hd runs out this June. I assumed, incorrectly, that they were extending my deal. They are now claiming that it was simply a reminder that there are qualifications to maintain the free hd. Seems sketchy to me! Anyway, nothing can happen until my deal runs out next month, then I will find out if they are willing to do anything to keep me as a customer.

Did they mention what the "Qualifications" would be ?

Keep us informed, mine will run out in a few months as well .... I too asked about it awhile back and tyhey said to call AFTER it expires, didn't say what it would amount to though.

Did they mention what the "Qualifications" would be?

Keep us informed, mine will run out in a few months as well .... I too asked about it awhile back and tyhey said to call AFTER it expires, didn't say what it would amount to though.

The usual, you have to maintain auto payments, have Choice or higher for programming, and have at least one hd receiver.

Told me they wouldn't renew mine. Period. Never missed a payment. Frequently upgraded to Premier, so I could have hardly been called a low-budget customer. Have been a sub for 7 years. Go figure.

Told me they wouldn't renew mine. Period. Never missed a payment. Frequently upgraded to Premier, so I could have hardly been called a low-budget customer. Have been a sub for 7 years. Go figure.

Not sure, thats kinda why I was asking ...

While I don't have the top packages, I have the TC+= whatever they changed it to awhile back, but have been using this package and a few Movie channels since '05, never missed a payment and 4 recvrs ....

I wonder what thier stipulations are ?

It's going to be interesting... I'd assume there will be many credits expiring within the next few months. I think this June's bill will be my last so I'll call around the 20th.... wait I'll be in your country Jimbo for a class reunion. May have to wait until I get back. My guess they won't extend the credit but offer somehing like 3 months of free HBO (which I don't want) Have to wait I guess.

My 24-months of "free HD" expires in July -- this morning I received this email:

Hello Valued Customer,

Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. In addition to having the very best in entertainment, you will be receiving the HD experience you know and love FREE FOR 2 YEARS!

JUST A REMINDER

To continue to receive FREE HD Access, you simply need to maintain the following on your DIRECTV account during the 24-month offer period:

1. Auto Bill Pay
2. CHOICE™ or OPTIMO MÁS and above package
3. At least one(1) HD Receiver and HD Access

Failure to maintain these requirements will result in the $10 per month FREE HD Access credit being removed from your account.

I would guess that many others will receive the same thing.

Last edited:
Many have received this email lately. It's not telling you that they are extending your free hd, it's to let you know what you have to do to keep it. It's deceiving if you ask me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.