Hd Add-On Antena Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Okay I dont get this...if i get the hd pack, do i get abc, cbs, fox, and nbc in hd? if so, what feed will i be getting?
If not, does this add-on antena just give me whats being shown on the local feed?
this doesnt make sense to me

Generally if you can get HD over the satellite it will be your local feed (unless you can get waivers to get a NY/LA feed). Using an antenna will give you any local digital broadcasts that you can receive with an antenna.

If your locals are offered in HD and you get local with your programming, then you should get them. My personal situation is no local programming is offered. But I can use an OTA antenna and pick up CBS (HD), ABC(HD) and Fo:mad:not yet broadcasting in HD). Because of my location I get a waiver for NY NBC in HD.

lets see if i get this right...i get the hd pack, and get my locals (which according to their checker they dont have any of mine in hd) so i pay $50 for an add-on antenna to get my locals in hd?

The antenna is the way to go if your able to get your locals, There is a big difference in HI-DEF when you get it through a OTA antenna.

You don't need the hd package to get the locals hd,if you get your locals through directv you should also get the hd versions.That said,I agree with the others,the hd locals look better with an ota antenna if you can pick them up that way opposed to the sat hd locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts