HD Advice for a N00B

zosomagnus

Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
First let me start by saying that there is a lot of great information on this website, but sometimes it is hard sorting through it all even with the FAQs.

Here’s what I have, you fine folks let me know what the best options are. I have 2 HDTVs, one with an ATSC tuner and 2 HDMI inputs, the second older one has no HD tuner or HDMI/DVI inputs. I currently have one HD Receiver (811) and one DVR Receiver. I would like to upgrade to the latest HD service that E* provides without overpaying or having multiple satellite dishes on my roof. I’m in Atlanta so I want the Atlanta HD locals. Finally I have a room in the basement with a Standard TV that I would like to receive at least basic channels, but Rabbit Ears don’t work in the basement and the room has no Coaxial cable outlet. Basically my questions are:

• How does the 2 TV setup work with the 622?
  • Can the second TV be 2 floors away in a room without a coaxial cable outlet?
  • What’s the best way to get service to the basement room with no coaxial cable outlet?
  • I heard that new Dishes were coming out, when will that be and is it worth the wait for Atlanta?
  • Are there any good deals I should be aware of between now and the end of May?
  • Is there any deal to lease both a 211 and a 622?

[*]How does the 2 TV setup work with the 622?

You will have to run either RCA lines or coax for TV2

[*]Can the second TV be 2 floors away in a room without a coaxial cable outlet?

No unless there is a wireless device available. Don't know for sure.

[*]What’s the best way to get service to the basement room with no coaxial cable outlet?

See answer 2

[*]I heard that new Dishes were coming out, when will that be and is it worth the wait for Atlanta?

Right now the Atlanta HD locals are on the 129 satellite. You will need a Dish 1000 that looks at 110/119 & 129. It's 1 dish.

[*]Are there any good deals I should be aware of between now and the end of May?

A 622 reciever costs $299 to lease. I believe you could get a 211 lease for no cost being you will be a new sub.

[*]Is there any deal to lease both a 211 and a 622?

You will still have to pay the $299 to lease the 622. I'm sure someone will chime in if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure this info is correct. Hope it helps. By the way, welcome to the forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)