HD AND HD Platinum

wholo5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA.
Today I added HD Life and HD Platinum. Was told via chat that changes would take effect in five minutes. Well I guess they haven't yet, as it is almost five hours later.

My question is, what channels are on the HD Platinum? I have Dish 500, 110 and 119 Sat.

Today I added HD Life and HD Platinum. Was told via chat that changes would take effect in five minutes. Well I guess they haven't yet, as it is almost five hours later.

My question is, what channels are on the HD Platinum? I have Dish 500, 110 and 119 Sat.

Wholo5,

You will never see any changes if you are only seeing 119, and 110. Most of Dish Networks HD channels come from either 129, or a combination of 61.5/72.7.

Dish does have a few HD channels uplinked to 110. If you are in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico then the HD channels are uplinked to spotbeams and the whole suite of Dish's HD channels are NOT available to those areas.

You will need a Satellite Dish upgrade to get the whole suite of HD channels. If you only have HD VIP receivers you should get an Eastern Arc Dish. If you have some SD receivers you will need a Dish 1000.2.

John

Last edited:
I think all HD Platinum and normal HD stations are on 129... for the Western Arc.

I think all HD Platinum and normal HD stations are on 129... for the Western Arc.

Yespage,

Dish does have a few HD channels uplinked to 110, namely; USA, ScyFy, TNT, HDnet, HDnet Movies, HDTheater, HBO HD, Sho HD, MAVHD, Discovery Green, WGN, Encore, CBS College Sports, Starz Edge, CI, TMC, Starz West, and several PPV HD channels.

John

Why don't you upgrade your antenna to a Dish 1000.2? It would make a lot more sense doing that if you really want HD.

Why would you order something that you don't know what you are getting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts