HD and PVR... 2 rooms

Torqd

Original poster
Nov 12, 2003
I am a Digital Cable sub. now and I am looking to jump to Satellite. I have been watching this dish forum for a month or so...waiting for the right time to jump in. So here is my question. I have two rooms. One with a 32 in tv(lets call that upstairs), and one with an 110" Infocus X1 Projector(lets call that downstairs). I am lookin for hd downstairs and PVR access in both rooms. Is there any way to have HD downstairs and access to the PVR material form the upstairs room?

I was thinking about an 811 and a 522...But it looks like I would have to sighn up for DHP...but maybe an 811 and a 510 would work somehow.

Thanks in advance!

you should be able to do that. i have my 508 PVR in the basement rec room and the TV out coax is diplexed into the line in my master bedroom 2 floors up, so i can do the PVR downstairs or up. I bought an extra remote so i wouldn't have to run up and down 2 flights of stairs everytime i needed a remote.

I am not familiar with projectors (but your set up sounds awesome!) but you should be able to hook up the 811 (using DVI or component) and 510 (using Svideo) to it and you would just have to switch inputs when you want to go back and forth between PVR and HD...

So I called Dish and they said they had no pvr/hd packages...free dish or dhp...so I am thinking about my options...Any suggestions?

How often do they run upgrades for current customers...like say for a PVR?

I am thinking on getting the 811/301 combo and look for a PVR out right I guess...unless there are any other suggestions.

Ok...one more thought...can I sign up for a three room system with the 811 and 2-301's and then drop the 3rd reciever from service(to save the $5 add. box fee) then sell off the 2 301's to help pay for the 510 I really want...or am I obligated to run all three recievers for the full year? Am I crazy or what...I just want a PVR and HD for close to free...thanks in advance!

Torqd said:
I just want a PVR and HD for close to free...thanks in advance!

Hey, who doesn't!!!

How often do they run upgrades for current customers...like say for a PVR?

The 510 pvr for existing customers deal is still in effect as another member advised. $99 with 1 year committment and free with 2 year

I have a similar predicament, I want a DVR, an 811 and a 301/311. Unfortunately, there is no deal like that. However, I have two possible plans if I get it next month like I'm thinking about.

1: Get the Free Dish 510/3?1 deal for free with one year commitment, and then buy an 811 the next day as a Dish customer for $199. Of course, whether or not that would work, I don't know.

2: Get the Free Dish 811/3?1 deal for free with one year commitment and then upgrade to the 510 with one year commitment. Of course, whether or not that would work, I don't know...

OR, I could change my plans slightly and just buy outright a 508 from Scott... although I wonder if I would like the 510 better, even though I would save money on the 508. Of course, what I'd really like to do is get the 522 and take out one of the 3?1s...plus, all of my equipment would be 8PSK ready should Dish Network decide to do something drastic. However, if you could get two the 811/3?1\3?1 deal for one year and $99, and switch out the 3?1s for a 5?2, I'd be quite happy with that deal.

~Alan<~~~~~~~Who types too much....

Torqd said:
So I called Dish and they said they had no pvr/hd packages...free dish or dhp...so I am thinking about my options...Any suggestions?
Try another CSR. There are three PVR/HD combos available in DHP. They require an extra $99 or a two year commitment. they are:

811/522
811/510/322
811/522/301

The roll out of the new DHP has been very confusing, but these options are listed in the latest info I have.

Tim