HD box. Can only receive ch 1-65 and 702+ NOTHING in between

STroutman

Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
east tn
I cannot find anything on google of here about this and charter has no clue. I have the motorola HD box from Charter. We subscribe to basic & expanded cable (Ch 1-65) Digital viewplus (85-192) and have the HD package. No premium or sport packages. Out of the blue today the box was unable to tune when I changed the channel to 126. it just sits there trying to find info. change the channel to 702 or higher (myHD package range and it is perfect. Go down to 65 or lower perfect. but in between it just sits and waits ti find cable. Also, it makes me enter my parental password every time I change the channel and it is not set up to have to do so. It is just weird. any ideas? I unplugged the receiver & waited, rebooted, same thing.

Are you getting any error messages on the screen?

"one moment please, channel will be available shortly"
"Not authorized"
Any kind of error code on the channels, for example S0600, S0200, etc?

If you know the pin number for the parental lock, you can go into the menu and disable the lock on it. If not, call in and see if they can remove it. If not, you need to schedule a service call.

Here Digiview + is in the switch digital format, meaning the receiver needs to communicate to the headend in order to bring the channels in. Pull the plug on the receiver and plug it back in. Dont need to wait 30 seconds like they tell you to, a couple of seconds is plenty long. If you still get an OMP message with an error code, definitely schedule a service call. Drops to the house dont last forever, and if its been there for a while it might of degraded enough that the signal is no longer acceptable to the box. More times then not replacing the drop was all that was done to bring the channels back in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts