Comcast, Dish or Direct TV

While the DIRECTV and Dish plans are available nationwide you have to look at the cable company offerings in your neighborhood. Every cable company is different, even in cities sometimes there is variation of services. It is hard to tell what is best for any given person. You should look at the cable company offerings in your area and compare the channel lineup and price (don't forget to factor in things like triple play discounts). Then make a decision based on your viewing habits. If you love a channel and it is not available on a provider, you will not be happy, even if it costs less.

Hi, joeyd50.

Please define "best" for you. It all depends what you are looking for. If you're into sports, I think DirecTV is the preferred provider. Dish may have channels that the others don't. Same thing with Comcast.

If you're looking for better picture quality, I don't know anything about Dish because I've never had it but I've had both cable (Comcast in my area) and DirecTV and the picture quality is better on DirecTV (even in HD.)

For me, the first qualifier is programming, then picture quality, then price. Directv is my choice, but it may not be for you.

All depends on what your viewing habits are, and what kind of set-up you have. ie how many TV sets etc.

For me, the first qualifier is programming, then picture quality, then price. Directv is my choice, but it may not be for you.

+1

Pick the channels you really want and see who has them, then look at picture quality and last look at price. If the PQ is great but you can't watch what you like, it doesn't matter, same goes for price.

joeyd50, I want you to listen very carefully. DO NOT GET CABLE. Either DISH or DIRECT TV is the correct choice. Look at what each has on their website, then decide. There is more than enough information here already just do a search.

joeyd50, I want you to listen very carefully. DO NOT GET CABLE. Either DISH or DIRECT TV is the correct choice. Look at what each has on their website, then decide. There is more than enough information here already just do a search.
Cable can be an extremely viable choice, depending on location. Good promotional pricing with no contract commitment.

Also, satellite might not be an option at all, depending on various factors, such as property ownership and line-of-sight affecting dish placement. Plus, the OP lives in NJ. So, if he is interested in NY sports, Dish is definitely out of the picture. (Several channels are not in HD on DirecTV, as well So, if that is important, it removes that carrier, as well.)

The best for me is the most for my money with the lease amount of Bull $hit, my Comcast triple play promo just ran out and went from $127.00 a month to $187.0-0 a month

Cable can be an extremely viable choice, depending on location. Good promotional pricing with no contract commitment.Also, satellite might not be an option at all, depending on various factors, such as property ownership and line-of-sight affecting dish placement. Plus, the OP lives in NJ. So, if he is interested in NY sports, Dish is definitely out of the picture. (Several channels are not in HD on DirecTV, as well So, if that is important, it removes that carrier, as well.)
I agree that cable can be a very good choice, especially if you want to venture into the world of cable card devices to save on those fees.

The best for me is the most for my money with the lease amount of Bull $hit, my Comcast triple play promo just ran out and went from $127.00 a month to $187.0-0 a month

Ok, well I am sure you knew that was going to happen.... Now, take what you pay now for those three services.... Then look at what it will cost you to go out and get the channels you watch, plus decent internet, and telephone... I bet it will cost more than that... Sad to say but it is true...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts