HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

Yours is proven. His never was . He's been running around saying he's getting the same service from D* for $90 some dollars per month, when E* was charging him over $120 per month. We asked him several times to post what you just posted and refused to do so . Not only in this thread ,about 4 others as well.
I gotcha ya. Sorry about that! :up

By the way you don't have a clue about the dish service. So I'll help you out
Top 200 DVR atvantage is $49.99 it includes LOCAL and DVR service. So $88- $11 = $77 And your Extra Receiver fee is only on the 3rd room. E* has Dual room receivers.,Or 2nd receiver. So for 2 Rooms HD and 2 rooms SD with DVR atvange it would $7 dollars. HD only pack is when they Try to wack you with every little fee. And the $55 price you keep quoting for "choice extra" is Total Choice pack which hasn't been available for new customers in over a Year. Choice Extra is $57.99 per month.

Last edited:
By the way you don't have a clue about the dish service. So I'll help you out
Top 200 DVR atvantage is $49.99 it includes LOCAL and DVR service. So $88- $11 = $77 And your Extra Receiver fee is only on the 3rd room. E* has Dual room receivers.,Or 2nd receiver. So for 2 Rooms HD and 2 rooms SD with DVR atvange it would $7 dollars. HD only pack is when they Try to wack you with every little fee. And the $55 price you keep quoting for "choice extra" is Total Choice pack which hasn't been available for new customers in over a Year. Choice Extra is $57.99 per month.
I got this directly from their website

Let me help you. I am comparing both services to what I currently have (which is why I am using Total Choice Plus). And I said it is cheaper for me, so it is irrelevant what "new" customers would get.

Read my post again. The DVR service is for the EXTRA DVR. Dish charges a DVR fee for each DVR, unlike Direct. I cannot use one DVR for both rooms since the extra room is too far and I want HD in both rooms.

You are correct about the locals, so it will be $5 less ($85 instead of $88).

Let me do the same comparison for new customers, using this same setup:

1. 2 HD DVRS for 2 rooms (you cannot use one receiver for 2 HD TV's)
2. Locals
3. 200+ package with no premiums
4. All of the possible HD channels within these particular packages

Dish

Dish DVR advantage (200+ channels) - $50
Dish HD ultimate - $20
Extra receiver (leased) - $7.00
DVR Service (for the extra DVR, which Direct does not charge) - $6.00

Total - $83 (see attachment below)
With the exception of the local channels, I was correct.

Direct

Choice Extra + HD DVR (200+ Channels) - $73

(Includes locals, HD, and DVR service for ALL DVR's)
Extra Reciever - $5
HD Extra Pack - $5

Total - $83

Same price for both services if one is a new customer getting my exact setup (they actually cannot do my exact setup with Dish since Dish does not offer EI). If one wants to add even more HD DVR's, then Direct will be cheaper as Dish charges you a DVR fee for each DVR. If one wants to use the same DVR to run 2 TV's (one SD), then Dish will be cheaper.

Attachments

• Dish info.jpg
    Dish info.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Dish Vs. Direct On Demand and Networking.(copy of this in General Cable & Satellite Forum)

Attachments

• dod.JPG
    dod.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 201
  • dod1.JPG
    dod1.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 169
  • dod2.JPG
    dod2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Vod.JPG
    Vod.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 142
  • vod1.JPG
    vod1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 147
  • vod2.JPG
    vod2.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 130
  • vodhd2.JPG
    vodhd2.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 142
  • vodhd1.JPG
    vodhd1.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 115
  • vodhd.JPG
    vodhd.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 136
  • vod4.JPG
    vod4.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 116
  • vod3.JPG
    vod3.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 138
  • direct_Net.JPG
    direct_Net.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 127
  • direct_Net 1.JPG
    direct_Net 1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 110
  • direct_Net2.JPG
    direct_Net2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 98
  • direct_net3.jpg
    direct_net3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 119
  • direct_Net4.JPG
    direct_Net4.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 115
  • dish_Net.JPG
    dish_Net.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 134
  • dish_Net1.JPG
    dish_Net1.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 118
  • dish_Net2.JPG
    dish_Net2.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 129
  • dishonline.JPG
    dishonline.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 140
  • dishonline1.JPG
    dishonline1.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 152
I got a suggestion for the HD RSN's on the E* side. Maybe you could list the Satellite that a certain RSN is only available on. Because not all of these are available on the 129 or the 61.5 for eastern customers.

Dish Vs. Direct On Demand and Networking.(copy of this in General Cable & Satellite Forum)

On another note.... I am not sure why you are blocking your internal IP address in the Dish Network screenshot attachments. It sure looks like an IP subnet that millions of Americans are using internal whether they set it that way or just went with the defaults assigned by routers, modems, etc. across the country.

Ohhhh... the hackers are gonna get you now, blocking an internal IP address like that. haha.. I would block out more of the MAC address before I would block your silly internal IP address.

Just my two cents. Just a break in the normal Dish Vs. DirecTV fighting. Obviously DirecTV is better than Dish at this point in time. End of discussion.

I've updated a couple channel number and some of the counts. Please post any corrections that need to be made. Thanks

Attachments

• v4.1.xls
    28 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I've updated a couple channel number and some of the counts. Please post any corrections that need to be made. Thanks

SNY HD is not a mix of SD and HD on Dish. It's just part time since they unlock it for 5 hours whenever there's a game on.

Same with NESN

FSN Bay Area (now CSN Bay Area) is also available as a part time channels to Dish subs as well.

FSN NY is now known as MSG+. Dish still does not have it but I figure I'd let you know of the name change.

As for the regular list for the regular HD channels, you have a mix of map downs and the actual HD channel number. We can help you out with some channel numbers if you'd like, just to get everything uniform.

Last edited:
SNY HD is not a mix of SD and HD on Dish. It's just part time since they unlock it for 5 hours whenever there's a game on.

Same with NESN

FSN Bay Area (now CSN Bay Area) is also available as a part time channels to Dish subs as well.

OK, changed those to part time color. Thanks

I attached a section of the list with updated channel numbers for Dish HD. Should be just a quick cut and paste. . . .

Attachments

• updated numbers.xls
    20 KB · Views: 93
Here is the rest of the channel number changes - these are all mapdowns

1 Minor Change - Discovery HD is 182, not 192 for Dish HD

I added in a few RSN's that you forgot and changed some of the channel numbers. Also, all the RSN networks that had 5xxx, I just removed the 5. The xxx is the actual HD mapdown number.

Fixed a few other minor mistakes in the news section, movies and updated numbers in national sports.

You should be good to go now. :up

Attachments

• DishChannelNumberChanges Part 2.xls
    23 KB · Views: 80
Here is the rest of the channel number changes - these are all mapdowns

1 Minor Change - Discovery HD is 182, not 192 for Dish HD

I added in a few RSN's that you forgot and changed some of the channel numbers. Also, all the RSN networks that had 5xxx, I just removed the 5. The xxx is the actual HD mapdown number.

Fixed a few other minor mistakes in the news section, movies and updated numbers in national sports.

You should be good to go now. :up

Please go ahead and update the list your self then if you could. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)