HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

DirecTV carries HDnet on channel 78 correct? Sorry, I missed this one. Somebody that knows DirecTV needs to chime in on my list as I know it is missing some items.

Nice work Redwings!

Before you get too excited, several of those are upconverts as they have no HD yet, ie Cartoon Network and Speed. Speed confirms they will have no HD until February through email.

Maybe you should also list the amount of HD content, that would make it interesting

Your chart currently has Animania which AFAIK is a Voom channel listed w/ a check for DirectTV.

I'm jealous of Fox Business, Smithsonian and SciFi. I wish Dish would trade TBS or History for one of those.

List average HD content by each one. ie: TWC 1 hour daily, SCI-Fi 2 seconds, A & E CSI only, TBS, 1 hour a week, TBS, 1 Hour a month, Speed, none, cartoon, none

DirecTV carries HDnet on channel 78 correct? Sorry, I missed this one. Somebody that knows DirecTV needs to chime in on my list as I know it is missing some items.

Nice work Redwings!
D* also gets Discovery HD theater,and Universal HD.and Sports net New York is the same as SNY,and Golf Verses you have listed twice. Lets keep you Dish count to what it really is.And D* RSN HD's are all FULL Time Channels.

Here's a few RSN that D* has as well in HD ,thats available with the sports pack and HD access.
FSN Pittsburgh
FSN Detroit
FSN Southwest
FSN Midwest
FSN West
FSN Prime Ticket

Thanks... for both of those list..........

is there anyway we can keep this updated and maybe even put up above with the other running list... under the Tab called {The List!} ????

It seems this would be very useful for sometime...

List average HD content by each one. ie: TWC 1 hour daily, SCI-Fi 2 seconds, A & E CSI only, TBS, 1 hour a week, TBS, 1 Hour a month, Speed, none, cartoon, none

Dude, get over it, your the only one that gives a damn. If they were all on E* you wouldn't be saying a darn thing about it. How many times do you need to hear it. When ESPN started they didn't have squat either. And why do you care, you are an E* sub so you don't get the freaking channels anyway. Why do you turn every thread into this silly stuff???

These channel lists are my attempt to compare what each satellite provider has to offer. I've broken out movie channels, PPV, news and sports. If I am missing HD channels, please advise and I will update the list.

MTV HD (9469) is MHD not MTV HD
HD Pay-Per-View/NHL Center Ice HD (9467) was also removed from the tables

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice work Redwings!

Thanks,

Redwings...DirecTv has UHD and HD Theater (formerly Discovery):)

I'll update my list and as the input comes in. Sometime later tonight.

Before you get too excited, several of those are upconverts as they have no HD yet, ie Cartoon Network and Speed. Speed confirms they will have no HD until February through email.

Maybe you should also list the amount of HD content, that would make it interesting

That'll be too much work. But I will put an asterick by those channels that are just upconverts. Let me know which ones.

Your chart currently has Animania which AFAIK is a Voom channel listed w/ a check for DirectTV.

I'm jealous of Fox Business, Smithsonian and SciFi. I wish Dish would trade TBS or History for one of those.

I'll fix it up

D* also gets Discovery HD theater,and Universal HD.and Sports net New York is the same as SNY,and Golf Verses you have listed twice. Lets keep you Dish count to what it really is.And D* RSN HD's are all FULL Time Channels.

I'll fix it up

Keep em' coming guys so we can come up with a solid list.

Thanks for the list RedWings.

However, this list as well as many things that are posted in these forums, are quite difficult to see due to the size on my laptop. Even with my reading glasses.

I'm pretty sure my laptop is set on the resolution for the largest screen picture. Is there any way to enlarge the things shown in posts, such as this list?

Thanks for the list RedWings.

However, this list as well as many things that are posted in these forums, are quite difficult to see due to the size on my laptop. Even with my reading glasses.

I'm pretty sure my laptop is set on the resolution for the largest screen picture. Is there any way to enlarge the things shown in posts, such as this list?

Did you click the bar at the top of the pictures I posted to enlarge them?

Here is another Version sorted with the channels both providers carry, then what DirecTv only carries, and then what only Dish carries.

HDCompare2.jpg

I think your list should be a sticky all by itself, and updated as needed.

Nice Job!!:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)