HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

Thank you for this. I was wondering how much of the "HD-leader" discussion was just rhetoric and how much was based on a real variance in channels carried. Looks like Dish is really missing some important channels. VOOM is fine and all if you like an extremely targeted audience, but I would trade all of voom for just Sci-Fi and USA.
Or even just USA HD :D

As said before.... Thanks very much for the list/info.:):):):):):)

Out of the HD channels that Direct has that E doesn't, I would only want Starz HD, FX, MGM, Scifi, USA, & Smithsonian. They can keep all the others. The Voom channels that I would give up are Animania, KungFu, World Cinema, Family Room(could show better Family Movies) Game Play. These are worthless to me.

Wait until tomorrow AM when the next batch of channels are due to fire up, might even be harder not to switch:eek:

Yes I have heard. i also heard Charlie say "I am your father":D I am going to hang around a little longer

The dfergie picture still show NHL-HD as a part time channel on D*. It is a full time channel.

Channels added today to D* are:

Full Time National Channels:

* 299: Nickelodeon (NIK1HD)
* 325: Spike HD
* 327: Country Music Television (CMTHD)
* 331: MTV HD
* 335: VH1 HD

Games Only Regional Sports Networks:

* 620-1: Comcast Sports Net New England HD
* 630-1: FSN South HD
* 631-1: SportsSouth HD
* 632-1: Sun Sports HD
* 634-1: FSN Florida HD
* 637-1: FSN Ohio HD
* 638-1: FSN Cincinnati HD
* 641-1: FSN North HD
* 644-1: Altitude HD
* 645-1: FSN Rocky Mountain HD
* 649-1: FSN Arizona HD
* 651-1: FSN Northwest HD
* 654-1: FSN Bay Area HD

HD pay-per-view channels

* 175 PPVHD
* 176 PPVHD
* 177 PPVHD
* 178 PPVHD
* 179 PPVHD

Can you tell any difference in pq from the hd on dish and hd on direct?? What about the difference of pq on the sd also.
On my 1080i HitachiCRT in the Livingroom... Direct still looks softer than Dish on all channels... (switched inputs etc)Component in only... from Component in to the Ht Room they look pretty much identical... Spiderman II looked really good from FX/HD, recording I,Robot tonight for this weekend. I will be moving the HR20 to the HT room as It has no UHF remote like my 622 or the H10... and then will try Hdmi inputs.

I will be moving the HR20 to the HT room as It has no UHF remote like my 622 or the H10... and then will try Hdmi inputs.

Looks like D* getting cheap again, HR20 used to come with a RF remote. The HR20 does support an RF remote, you can order one from the D* web site for $25+tax (if needed).

This is a long thread to keep up with.

Who is in the lead now? (I saw the excel spreadsheets at the beginning...but that makes it seem like a draw)

Anyway, I have had E* for years but do not keep up with all the charlie chats. Are we going to get trumped by D* or will E* keep adding channels as well?

For the past few weeks D* has been in the lead. Now with todays addiiton by D*. The lead only got larger. E* will be had pressed to add more then a few channels for a while.

Looks like D* getting cheap again, HR20 used to come with a RF remote. The HR20 does support an RF remote, you can order one from the D* web site for $25+tax (if needed).
Thanks for the info, before I move it, I will try the H10 Remote on it(did thye do away with the anntena on the back like the H10 and Dish receivers have?)...as I really would like to keep it in the Livingroom. I need to hook up my HD DVD A2 in the Livingroom also to have a neutral ground in comparing the 2... In the Ht room my D1 wins hands down...

For the past few weeks D* has been in the lead. Now with todays addiiton by D*. The lead only got larger. E* will be had pressed to add more then a few channels for a while.
Direct is way in the lead... I am liking the variety of channels :)(even if most are just upconverts right now, they have promise)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts