HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

Correct. The channel "stream" is only on the satellite once. It is then assigned to channel numbers. So if one version of a channel is MPEG4, they all are on that satellite.

What I have been calling "mirror" is when a video stream is assigned more than one channel number. IOW the system tables show the same video stream on two different channels.

What I have been calling "mapped" is when a channel number on the system tables has a "tag" that the receiver can read to place that video stream on a different channel number. But the system tables from the source show no such channel.

Most of the HD channels on Dish are "Mirrored" in the 9400 (regular), 5300 (Dish Latino), 4100 (Mystery) channel blocks. The 9400 range channels are mapped to the three digit channel numbers.

There were times when the same channel can be on two different transponders on the same satellite, but that only happened during transitions and Dish figured out a way to "tag" an MPEG2 channel so that only MPEG4 receivers can see it so the transitional 6200 block channels are identical to the now blocked 9400 channels to MPEG2 receivers.

See ya
Tony

Latest update contains a few minor changes which include D*'s 3 latest HD PPVs, some channel number corrections on D*'s side and I changed the color of MTV HD to reflect that MTV HD is no longer in the no HD club. MTV HD showed it's first HD programs tonight. The VMA pregame show and the actual VMAs.

Attachments

• v5.0.1.xls
    38.5 KB · Views: 206
U lucky. I was reading ur message…I’m recording the VMA in 722.. When I went check the TV recording is not in HD REC
Well maybe ur side is in HD getting it , But mine in live in bay area cali is not MTVHD yet! :(
such as SUX... i really wants to see the show in HD :(
o well..

Updated list to reflect Fox News HD for D*. Also updated to reflect D*'s latest sports channel number changes and the removal of a couple of D*'s HD PPVs.

Attachments

• v5.1.xls
    38.5 KB · Views: 262
there is a lot of complain lately that this one is adding this hd and vice versa, but when you look at that chart it really comes down to if you want the nfl and mlb package you know where to go . . .

unbelievable and great job by all those who created it!

New list to reflect the Golf/Vs split on D*. I also added 8 HD PPVs for E*. I know the channels showed up in an uplink report but I don't know if they are active. Can an E* subscriber confirm if they are active or not.

Attachments

• v5.3xls.xls
    38.5 KB · Views: 244
Latest version to reflect D* adding the MLB HD network. Also removed HD PPV channel 144 which gave it's life so that MLB HD can live. That brings the number of HD waste...errr HD PPV channels down to 32.

Attachments

• v5.4.1.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 132
Latest list to reflect Comedy Central being added to D*. Also a couple of HD PPVs have disappeared, at least temporarily. D* is now down to 29 HD PPVs.

Attachments

• v5.4.2.xls
    29 KB · Views: 112
Latest update includes Crime and Investigation channel added to E* and Smithsonian removed from E*. Added part time RSNs FSN Tennessee and FSN Carolinas to D*. D* also added back HD PPVs 164 and 181 which puts D*'s HD PPV back up to 31.

Attachments

• v5.4.3.xls
    29 KB · Views: 131

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts