HD channel list?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

giovanni1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Just wondering if there is a list comprising HD channels?

Something that would list the channels and where they are found, either Ku or C band.

Thanks

Does that mean that there are others not on that list that you do spend time on?

Reason why I ask,

I just hooked up a Sonicview 8000HD as a second system, and I am curious as to what to expect in HD programming.

I am on Ku band from 62 to 129 (+/-).

Especially in NCAA basketball season, there are many games in HD and 4:2:2, but they have to be found by blindscan, since they are not regular transponder assignments. There are occasional baseball HD feeds during the season, but the same blindscan proviso applies, in the mostly they are at fixed locations.
Forum rules prohibit giving specific information about channels not listed on Lyngsat, in the open forum. There is a lot of stuff up there, that is not regular, and therefore is not on the Lyngsat listings ( or anyone else's, that I know of ). A problem with the SV8000 HD is that it will not tune and decode DVB-S2, nor 4:2:2 chroma video. Some of the feeds are in those formats, however, there are still feeds that the SV-8000 can intercept .
:)
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)