HD channel weirdness

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I have AT200 plus the $10.00 HD pack. Just this morning, VS, Biography, Travel, Ntgeo (NOT in my package) and a couple of others are showing in the All HD guide. But when you select them, you get the acquiring Sat screen. The only way out is to "turn off" 722, then back on and quickly change to a regular package channel. Strange.

I have AT200 plus the $10.00 HD pack. Just this morning, VS, Biography, Travel, Ntgeo (NOT in my package) and a couple of others are showing in the All HD guide. But when you select them, you get the acquiring Sat screen. The only way out is to "turn off" 722, then back on and quickly change to a regular package channel. Strange.

They showed up on my two 622's a few days ago. When I select one of these channels, it goes black for a little bit, then says something like "We are aware of the problem... you can watch non-locals..." Even though it wasn't a "local" channel I tried to tune to. Then I get the aquiring sat screen. Very strange!
Tom in TX

Last edited:
You SHOULD be getting Travel channel. I have the same thing, and have always gotten Travel.

Let me go see if the same thing is happening to me.

Oh yeah...these are the ones in the 5500s, right?

Yeah...I get the same thing as Tom...noticed that this weekend, but it even does that on channels I SHOULD be getting.

I think these are either the new Alaska or Hawaii spotbeam channels. That's why it gives you a message about local programming, because the spot beams are normally local. They should be hidden from everyone, but someone goofed.

Oh yeah...these are the ones in the 5500s, right?

Yeah...I get the same thing as Tom...noticed that this weekend, but it even does that on channels I SHOULD be getting.

I think these are either the new Alaska or Hawaii spotbeam channels. That's why it gives you a message about local programming, because the spot beams are normally local. They should be hidden from everyone, but someone goofed.
You are correct. Those are for Ak and HI only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)