HD Channels Gone/Analogue Remain

Status
Please reply by conversation.

leonardb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
I had just finished watching The Professional on HD, (1:00 am CST). When I changed channels, I can get my analogue channels but my HD channels I get a searching for signal message. Any ideas? Could this be related to the new dish going up? Thanks

1. All directv channels are 100% Digital SD and HD.
2. No this does not have anything to do with D12
3. most likely your you just having issue with the weather or the dish.

I had just finished watching The Professional on HD, (1:00 am CST). When I changed channels, I can get my analogue channels but my HD channels I get a searching for signal message. Any ideas? Could this be related to the new dish going up? Thanks

if the problem is isolated to that one receiver, you can try a reset of the receiver. If that doesn't work, if you have b-band converters( little boxes screwed into the back of your box) they could be bad. If they happen on all boxes and the weather is clear, then you may have a bad connection or a bad LNB.check your cables and make sure they are tight and if they are schedule a service call.

It's almost certainly a dish alignment problem. Check your signals on 99a/c and 103b/c, on both tuners if it's a DVR. The signals should all be in the mid-80s at least.

Unplug the box - wait 2 minutes - plug it back in and let it reboot.

Seeing more and more boxes that need an occasional "hard reset" to address this issue. Thinking software related.

I pressed the reset button-all is good! Thanks for the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts