HD Channels in Sept.

Gosh! how good HDTV has become. I remember when I got my HDTV (no HDMI input). PBS was the only HD available and it was a loop. How quickly we forget. 31 HD channel is great and more to come. Any more old timers out there.

I do get nostalgic for the old "fish tank" channel!:D I hope the MLB playoffs will be either on TNT HD or TBS HD (if available) because I want to see every post season game in HD! I like HD and I want some more (or a lot) of it!

I remember "SELLING" my Wife on HDTV, we were at Best Buy in Sioux Falls, SD.. (We didn't have a Best Buy in Sioux City, Ia were I live at that time)
She sat down on the big couch watching Steve Irwin in HD.
The rest is "HISTORY".
I believe that HD SPORTS channels will help the HD markey EXPLODE even more then it has already.
People used to say the NHL Hockey doesn't translate well to TV, but in my opinion, HD Hockey DOES translate the hits and speed of the game.

Bring on Big Ten Network, NHL Network, more RSN's.....ect. ect.

IMO Hockey is the best sport in HD. with the wider screen shots you get to see everything from the blue line to the boards behind the net, you can see teams setting up the offense and see whats happening, plus the puck is very easy to follow (no need to light it blue like NBC did years ago).

The other sports are great with the resolution and clarity, but the wider screen doesnt actually do things to benefit the TV coverage of showing the sport... take football for example, they like to center the coverage on the Line of Scrimmage, you get a bit more of the defense, but you also get another 5-10 yards behind the running back... Very nice crisp clear green grass, maybe a logo on the field, but nothing to add to the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)