Hd Channels Not Coming In

bgilga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Scranton, PA
My neighbor purchased an HDTV and a HDTV digital receiver from Adelphia. I went over to help him hook it up and we can get all the channels he subscribes to except the HD ones. Any suggestions?

Also, check the set-up menu for the receiver. I have a 6412 and I first need to turn it off and then I press menu. This gives me the set up menu. You may want to make sure that your aspect ratio and resolutions are correct.

If the channels do not show up in your guide then you will need to contact Adelphia and have them hit the receiver. The CSR probably didn't place them in the order...just hope your neighbor doesn't have any billing problems.

Thanks for the help. The channels do show up on the guide, but he gets only a gray screen. I went through the setup like they told me to. He gets his basic channels, HBO, and his digital channels, but no HD channels.

The signal level/quality could be borderline, which may be affecting your ability to receive your HD channels. You may wish to place the tuner in diagnostic mode and ensure you have good SNR. Adelphia will most likely be using the SA8000, SA8300 or Moto 6412.

Adelphia HD not good for me.

I went to the HD with my Adelphia setup about 6 months ago. Soon after I got the new receiver, I experienced drop-out. The drop-out was when the picture would go all white and the sound would stop. I thought it was my Tivo doing that, s oI put a new Tivo series-2 on it, it continued. I got Adelphia to give me a brand new receiver. I opened peeled the plastic from the receiver and installed it only to find that it did the same. I have Adelphia fiber to the front of my house, from there to the distribution block for my house is a few hundred yards, then another 100 or so yards to my house on coax. I have a high grade distribution amplifier in my attic that gave me fantastic regular cable on every channel. After many months of trying to get this to work, I dumped HD and went back to regular cable. Also, Adelphia would not support my use of the DVI port on the receiver, once they heard I was using it, they put my problems on that and didn't want to help any more. When I used the component cables they gave me, the picture was good. When I went to DVI, that was the HD that everybody wants, it was a night and day difference. Like I always say to people who think that have the best picture, it all depends on what you know, and what you have to compare it to.
I currently have a Dishnetwork system in the house with the 625 receiver. The 625 is no Tivo :bow , but it will do. I give it good grades for being a digital recorder and somewhat easy to use. Tivo has everyone whipped except BeyondTV :hatsoff: on my media center, but that is another story. :deadhorse 73' Joe

Most likely your neighbor has the SA 8000 series unit. There is a process in the manual to configure the receiver to put it in HDTV or SATV mode. Once you run through the configuration for HDTV the channels turn to color and they come in fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)