HD channels

taylor2767

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Other than the premium movie channels, which HD channels would I receive if I have the SD channel in a particular package?

Other than the premium movie channels, which HD channels would I receive if I have the SD channel in a particular package?

Taylor,

Since Discovery, A&E, TNT, ESPN, ESPN2, FOOD, HGTV, are in the Top 100 you would get HD versions of those channels as well as HDNET, HDNET Movies, Universal HD, and the Voom Channels. If you have the Top100 Plus or above, you will also get any local RSN HD feed if carried and NFL Network HD, to get National Geographic HD you need the Top250 package.

With the Top100 you will get new HD channels; Discovery HD (not to be confused with Discovery HD Theater) History HD, and TLC HD, as their SD counterparts are included with Top 100.

With the Top200 you will get new HD Channels above plus; Animal Planet HD, as Animal Planet (SD) is in that package.

With the Top250, you will get all the new HD channels above plus; Versus/Golf HD, and The Science Channel HD, as both SD channels are in the Top250 package.

HBO, Starz, and SHOwtime HD channels are only available with the corresponding subscription to each individual package or all are available in the Everything Package.

As more HD channels are launched you will be required to carry a Core Channel package with the SD version to be able to receive the HD version of a channel with the HD add on package.

John

Taylor,

Since Discovery, A&E, TNT, ESPN, ESPN2, FOOD, HGTV, are in the Top 100 you would get HD versions of those channels as well as HDNET, HDNET Movies, Universal HD, and the Voom Channels. If you have the Top100 Plus or above, you will also get any local RSN HD feed if carried and NFL Network HD, to get National Geographic HD you need the Top250 package.

With the Top100 you will get new HD channels; Discovery HD (not to be confused with Discovery HD Theater) History HD, and TLC HD, as their SD counterparts are included with Top 100.

With the Top200 you will get new HD Channels above plus; Animal Planet HD, as Animal Planet (SD) is in that package.

With the Top250, you will get all the new HD channels above plus; Versus/Golf HD, and The Science Channel HD, as both SD channels are in the Top250 package.

HBO, Starz, and SHOwtime HD channels are only available with the corresponding subscription to each individual package or all are available in the Everything Package.

As more HD channels are launched you will be required to carry a Core Channel package with the SD version to be able to receive the HD version of a channel with the HD add on package.

John

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I currently have the HD package but I'm think of dropping it and switching to the DVR advantage +all four premium movie channels and possibly the top 250+. Is my math right?

DVR advantage $49.99
HBO,SHO,Starz,Cine $40.00
250+ $10.00

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I currently have the HD package but I'm think of dropping it and switching to the DVR advantage +all four premium movie channels and possibly the top 250+. Is my math right?

DVR advantage $49.99
250+ $10.00

Not sure why you would want to drop HD, but if you do you will get a $6 enabling fee added.

DVR advantage $49.99
250+ $10.00

If youre going to do that, just do the AEP for $89

Is it true that if you do AEP at $89.99, that includes your locals, and also they waive a DVR fee ($5.98) as well?

Not sure why you would want to drop HD, but if you do you will get a $6 enabling fee added.

If you drop the HD package the only HD you will get will be the premium channels, OTA & PPV.
(HBO, Showtime, Max, & Starz - with sub to the required premium package)

Yes AEP waives ALL dvr fee's. (saves me $47.84)

If you drop the HD package the only HD you will get will be the premium channels, OTA & PPV.
(HBO, Showtime, Max, & Starz - with sub to the required premium package)

Yes AEP waives ALL dvr fee's. (saves me $47.84)

I thought in order to get the HD premiums such as HBO, Starz, etc. you also had to sub to the HD pack.

I thought in order to get the HD premiums such as HBO, Starz, etc. you also had to sub to the HD pack.

No, when I first signed up the installer didn't sign me up for the HD pack. All my HD locals and HBO HD were working but none of the other channels. So we had to call up Dish Network and tell them that the installer didn't set us up with the HD pack and to add it.

We were getting the HD locals and the HD premiums without the HD pack.

I have the AEP and locals are not included.

My package price is

AEP - 89.00
Locals - 5.00
HD PAk - 20.00
Additional receiver fee (for my 501) - 5.00

No DVR fee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)