HD Cinema are a bunch of old Movies that no one cares?

I understand your point and you are quite correct as some may find other attractions in other channels/programming. In the case above I was addressing especifics as to why I believe the poster is wrong on the points made. This is not attacking the person but to correct the misinformation. If you read carefully and have read enough posting, you will realize that for some there's nothing VOOM can do right in their book. This is the way it comes across in every post.

Of course, we all know that VOOM has a lot room for improvement and not everything is 100% excellence. Yet, there are a few things that merit the facts and not numbers made out of the air.

I believe that misinformation needs to be corrected whenever there is a need for the benefit of everyone.

Sean Mota said:
I understand your point and you are quite correct as some may find other attractions in other channels/programming. In the case above I was addressing especifics as to why I believe the poster is wrong on the points made. This is not attacking the person but to correct the misinformation. If you read carefully and have read enough posting, you will realize that for some there's nothing VOOM can do right in their book. This is the way it comes across in every post.

Of course, we all know that VOOM has a lot room for improvement and not everything is 100% excellence. Yet, there are a few things that merit the facts and not numbers made out of the air.

I believe that misinformation needs to be corrected whenever there is a need for the benefit of everyone.

I don't believe that you were attacking a person, but rather attacking what you believe is a misperception about Cinema HD. The truth lies (interesting juxtaposition of words) between Cinema HD has nothing and it has everything. Some people can never be convinced of the merits or quality of Voom and logic and facts will not work on them. I believe that there are more movies added all the time, but the number of times they are repeated in a month or brought back from the past gives the perception that their numbers are fewer than they are. As for what the movies are enjoyed, that is strictly a matter of taste. Thumbs up, thumbs down, it's all subjective.

Guys, I'm sorry if I got the channels wrong, but it happens and I don't care how many many hundreds of "new" movies Voom has added, they are still showing the same old stuff over and over. They could add a new movie everyday and it would hardly make a dent in the number of reruns since there are 20 movies on everyday (give or take), so what's one new movie a day? It makes the guide look the same day in and day out.

I am a die hard movie freak, why do you think I've invested in a HD projector and a 8' wide movie screen? Because I love movies. I have over 500 DVD's and prefer to watch those over what I've seen on Voom. Until they get something I want to watch, have at it.

Sean, I don't want to get in a pissing contest over new movie content, but 27 new movies over a month? That's less than a movie a day spread over the 10 Cinema, & MonstersHD? 11 channels, 27 movies? 2 movies per channel per day=22 movies per day * 30 days= 660 movies per month. Now how much of a dent does 27 new movies make? A pretty small one, now you wonder why it looks like the EPG always looks the same? 983 HD movies in their library? 660 movies per month? Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Now why does that EPG always look the same?

I agree with elocs, I find many other things to watch aside from the Cinema10. I watch Rave, Rush, Monsters, DiscoveryHD, UHD and use it as OTA backup or recording. I'm not knocking Voom, I'm just trying to make a point that there is nothing that "I" am interested in watching on the Cinema 10. If you or anyone else likes it then, by all means, tune it in and watch it, Jeez.

DarrellP said:
Sean, I don't want to get in a pissing contest over new movie content, but 27 new movies over a month? That's less than a movie a day spread over the 10 Cinema, & MonstersHD? 11 channels, 27 movies? 2 movies per channel per day=22 movies per day * 30 days= 660 movies per month. Now how much of a dent does 27 new movies make? A pretty small one, now you wonder why it looks like the EPG always looks the same? 983 HD movies in their library? 660 movies per month? Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Now why does that EPG always look the same?

Again you did not read my post carefully. Why keep doing this? This is my quote: "For next month, I have counted 27 new HD movie titles so far. As more are going to be added."

27 movies was not the max of movies I stated. I said that there were still adding more. The average of movies per month has been 40-60 as my previous thread indicated. I am not inventing these numbers. These are real numbers.

Again the concept of HD Cinema is not a 24/7 channel. The concept of HD Cinema is a Multiplex Channel Theater where two movies are repeated the entire day and you pick the slot that you want. HD cinema never claimed to be 24/7 channels. If anyone signs up with the believe of getting a full 34/7 channel, they are only to blame. This is how it has been from the begining. Just look at their website.

Personally, I have over 500 DVDs in my collection as well. I stopped collecting them and I rather watch HD tranfers on VOOM. Even with the repeats, I still miss movies that I want to watch and giving the fact that there are other channels besides HD Cinema, HD Cinema compliments them very well to be able to watch the entire service. My viewing habits maybe different than everyone. I have about two hours of watching something M-F. No more. and most of my viewing is done on Sat/Sun.

rkr0923 said:
I see it the opposite way.....Voom pushes itself as "The HD" connection right, therefore the HDCinema is the package and the others are part of the basic subscription.
There we go again with " BS " , " D " has half of the main line "HD" services correct, and if you want Locals " OTA " is the Way., better check out the fact's first, don't you think????. Ps. where are these service's on " D " or " e"
" TNT,Encore HBOw,MaxW. showW" or the 21 other channels that "voom" give's. come back with some more "BS" Oh I gorgot the 27% increase for less service, did everyone factor that IN: plus equipment cost's: I guess D, & E are the best, but not with my math.

Hey, if nothing else, the Woody Allen classics in HD are alone to give real value to the channels. And gorgeous transfers, too. Shadows and Fog is a real delight to see, in the theater, and now on my TV. Wow!

I used to enjoy Woody Allen movies until the issue about raping his daughter came out, now I can't stand to watch anything he does.

DarrellP said:
I used to enjoy Woody Allen movies until the issue about raping his daughter came out, now I can't stand to watch anything he does.
It wasn't his daughter. Incidentally, she is now his wife, in case you haven't noticed.

Not that I disagree with you -- I still think Woody was a jerk. But I love his films.

The most revealing film about Woody is "Dead Man Blues", the documentary about him and his dixieland jazz band. Woody is one self-absorbed guy. I hope Voom will show that film on the FilmFest channel. It would be great in HD.

LIVE FUTBOL: Valencia vs. Betis 2/27 @ 2:58 PM EST

Gallery HD: Marlow at MoMA 2/28 @ 9pm ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)