HD coming thurs!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
G

Original poster
yes I have an appointment for thurs ahternoon for an 811 and 522!!My retailer did say that they were told by e* to let the customers know there is some bugs with the 522 but they will be fixed.He didnt know what the bugs were yet thuogh.I am so excited to see hdtv on my tv finally!!!Ill have to go pick up an antenna,maybee an amplified rabbit ear,seeing that I cant afford a big roof mount right now plus I dont live to far away from the towers.The installer is gonna laugh when he sees I'm a directv installer.I just dont have 400 in cash for a d* receiver and dont want to wait,so the dhp is perfect.Thanx to scott and everyone else for all the info I've been reading here for the last 2 months!!!!!I'll let everyone know how the install went and how the receivers work and what bugs are evident.

by the way will the 811 have component cables with it out of the box?

hahahha Thats funny!!Actually he wont be here long I'll have all the wiring and grounding done before he gets here and i'll see if hell let me put in the receivers while hes on the roof.I'm on comp, so i HAVE ALOT OF TIME ON MY HANDS!

another thing, should I have the installer point the second dish at 61.5 or 148 for maximum hd stations?

Lurch that is a loaded question LoL. That is what the 522 is designed to do and hopefully the software guys have it working right. You should go look at the 522 review under the Dish Network PVR/DVR forum in here it will give you more information.

The Title of this thread had me expecting to see that New HD Channels where launching this Thursday. Damn you guest! :D

Anonymous said:
another thing, should I have the installer point the second dish at 61.5 or 148 for maximum hd stations?

If you go to 148 you'll get the HD-PPV channel but loose the demo (I'd rather have the PPV). If you qualify for the CBS HD feed 148 has only the LA feed, 61.5 has the NYC feed.

As to future programming, at this point I think any answer to that question is just a guess based on what Dish has done lately (assuming that there is any new HD programming until the new AMC-15 satellite goes up late 2004).

If you have an extra dish 300 or direct tv dish, you can get them both (61.5 and 148) just use an a-b switch before the sw21. You will have to do a switch check every time you switch but 4 minutes is not a long time to wait if you missed a program on cbshd east and want to go to west, or checking for hd football.

I saw the title, though E was getting a new HD channel on 110 and alm ost had a heart attack

Tim

dfergie said:
If you have an extra dish 300 or direct tv dish, you can get them both (61.5 and 148) just use an a-b switch before the sw21. You will have to do a switch check every time you switch but 4 minutes is not a long time to wait if you missed a program on cbshd east and want to go to west, or checking for hd football.
Actually with an SW64 and an SW21 you can have 61.5/110/119/148 hooked up and get everything at same time.

The switchtest will show X X for the fourth sat (148) on mine, But it will work. You may get an ocassional switch error but still will work.

This works on the 6000 and 5xx models. Hopefully it will work on the 811 & 921. (I don't have either to test)

lurch said:
will I have any problem recording 2 shows at once on the 522?

What is your definition of "two shows at once"? Read down through this topic. It currently can only function like two separate single-tuner DVRs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)