HD content won't play on 32-bit Vista

This is funny

Brewer4 said:
Not really. I have machines that were originally purchased and used professionally on Windows 2000. They've all been upgraded to XP and work great. RAM is important but hardware for the past 6 years or so have no issues running XP. Even with hardware a few months old Vista bogged it down. There's lots of reasons this OS is 2 years delayed.

I tried Vista RC1 again yesterday w/ media player 11. I have an Athlon dual core 64 bit 3800 processor w/ 2 gig of ram...With Nothing else running, I tried to play a DVD with media player...VIsta refused and saidf I needed to free up more ram...JOKE????

Bigger Joke...CNN Money says Amazon is taking pre-orders for the thing....like other MS releases...driver problems will be around for quite a while.

RC1 had no drivers for even AC97 audio! Trying to D/L betas from the realtek site was a disaster...26mb for sound drivers!

Staying with XP1 (and Mac OSX!)

My company has us testing it since migration deployments is our specialty. We do multi-million dollar rollouts and have seen all sorts of things. Vista, no way. I wouldnt recommend any company or individual for that matter purchase and install this OS. That does not mean to go after the OS with a new hardware deployment next year but our tests are not positive at all.

You are indeed a gentleman!

Brewer4 said:
My company has us testing it since migration deployments is our specialty. We do multi-million dollar rollouts and have seen all sorts of things. Vista, no way. I wouldnt recommend any company or individual for that matter purchase and install this OS. That does not mean to go after the OS with a new hardware deployment next year but our tests are not positive at all.

You kind sir are a gentleman...I am NOT...

been beta testing MS products since win 3.0...VISTA is the worst OS I have seen to date (including Millinium!) This could really give linux a boost...

Unfortunately, it will not be long until Vista comes bundled with a new pre-built computer...OH YOU WANT IT TO WORK...XTRA COST ITEM AND PROBABLY IMPOSSIBLE in its current form.

MS would be wise NOT to sell this to corporate america in nov...If so...I will probably short some stock!:D

God, I still can't believe it...even tried to knock off Apple Widgets:eek:

I am playing with Vista and I have a question. I have IE7 beta 3 on Vista. I would like to upgrade to IE RC1. Does anybody have any clues as to how to do this. When I try it just states that it will not work on this OS. I currently have not been able to save to the favorites on beta 3. Could do that under XP SP2. Also, if I would like to go back to XP can I just reinstall without reformating drive? Any help would be appreciated -- thanks.

Suggestion

I NEVER use a "live" drive to beta test. Always disconnect your Operating drive and connect another empty drive to do your testing!

Forget playing with IE anything at least at the moment...it is as bad as VISTA IMHO. I only use Firefox with a few trweaks myself!
jeff

JoeSp said:
I am playing with Vista and I have a question. I have IE7 beta 3 on Vista. I would like to upgrade to IE RC1. Does anybody have any clues as to how to do this. When I try it just states that it will not work on this OS. I currently have not been able to save to the favorites on beta 3. Could do that under XP SP2. Also, if I would like to go back to XP can I just reinstall without reformating drive? Any help would be appreciated -- thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)