HD cost

rb8484

Original poster
May 9, 2011
Southwest Michigan
Hey everyone. I have been a loyal dish customer for years and Im out of contract. I currently do not have HD and im looking at upgrading and commit for 24 months. Why would dish let a loyal customer go over the cost of HD?? I do not want auto pay and paperless billing. My only other option is pay the one time fee of $99. Really?? Anyone out there have any personal experience with this? I am really close to cancelling my account with dish!:mad:

Ask to speak to retention. Tell them Directv is offering a free HD DVR, maybe they will hook up up cheaper. I got 2 HD DVRs with Directv for free, back when they were not. Most service companies will bargain with you to keep you as a customer.

This has nothing to do with free receivers.

Very unlikely this is something you can bargain. Either you pay $99 or you sign up for paperless and auto pay and get it free.

My father somehow bargained it with them about a year ago, he does not have auto pay and got it free!
Im thinking of switching over to ATT uverse and this is one last ditch effort to see if there are any other options, but I guess it sounds like I will have no luck!

rb8484 said:
My father somehow bargained it with them about a year ago, he does not have auto pay and got it free!
Im thinking of switching over to ATT uverse and this is one last ditch effort to see if there are any other options, but I guess it sounds like I will have no luck!

I know that the "HD-only" Dish America packages do not require autopay and paperless billing. However, they do differ from the America's Top packages in terms of channel lineup.

Also, I am not sure if this matters to you, but I read that AT&T U-Verse does not carry Hallmark and Hallmark Movie Channel due to a dispute years ago.

Seems sometimes they will let you go then offer what you wanted after it's too late.

I think if you actually try to close your account, not just threaten to, you might get a better deal offered.

Good luck and I hope you can work something out.

I personally don't have any issues with autoppay to get HD free.However if it's not an option for you period then you have 3 choices.1.Pay $99,2.call the dish loyalty dept. and see what they can offer.3.Switch providers.

Seems sometimes they will let you go then offer what you wanted after it's too late.

I think if you actually try to close your account, not just threaten to, you might get a better deal offered.

Good luck and I hope you can work something out.

I know when I go to close my account, they may offer a better deal, problem is, it will be too late as I will have already signed up with ATT

Been on with dish online chat. Talking with Daniel (ID U1L). He is helping me out and has made me very pleased. Looks like he is hooking me up with a new hopper install, sling adapter, and took care of my HD programming without autopay...........Thanks Daniel!!

A lot of us got HDFFL as a peace offering when the HDAbsolute package was taken away. Overall, I think it was one of several nice offerings Dish gave to us.

I was waived Auto Pay, the 99.00 plus I never in 16 years had a contract but shell out 199.00 a month. Given the fact that DISH is stuck with declining sub base, I would not as a Company not be to picky with those of us who keep them in business.:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)