HD Dish Install Question

WhenYouAwake

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Western MA
I've called for the upgrade, and have an install scheduled for Tuesday.
I was under the impression that another dish had to be installed. When the installer was here a couple of weeks ago for a service call he said I had a clear line of sight to 61.5 and HD wouldn't be a problem. I was told by the CSR that only an addition would have to be made to my current dish. I currently have a Superdish pointed at 110, 119, and 121. I'm located in western Massachusetts.
Does that sound right? I'd be glad if I found I didn't need to have another dish up there.

From your area you need to receive the 61.5 sat for most of the HD content (including your HD locals, if there are any yet.) The other option is the 129 sat. for essentially the same national HD content, but you can't receive it in your location, the same situation I have here in central PA. So they can leave the SD intact and add a wing dish to receive 61.5. What LNBs you'll need, and how they'll interconnect them will depend on what switch you have, if any. Sorry, but there is not a single dish solution for all the HD content for those of us that don't live in the 129 sat. "footprint". If we did, then a single Dish 1000 to receive 110/119/129 would probably be the answer as it is for most of the rest of the country (excluding also the FLA peninsula). Is there anything you still want on the 121 sat.? If not then they can probably reconfigure everything so as not to have to run another cable, if that's any consolation...

It seems that in many cases the phone reps at Dish don't know exactly what dish configurations are req'd for every area of the country. The installers do know, of course, and come with the right equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)