HD-DVD prices on the rise!

try Ebay

jgantert said:
So much for falling prices...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4790609

RCA HD-DVD player for $558, and at Walmart none the less!

-John

Prices are falling below $450 there ++ fgt of course. This brings the prices up to maybe $475-490 without tax.

Our BB is stuck with a few HD-DVD players from their first shipment....salesman said adoption has been quite slow, and like me, suspects it will remain so until Blockbuster does something retail wise and there is more software.

If you have NO DVD..then I suppose this is the way to go...If you have a high quality DVD player...then I suggest you wait until things shake out a bit!

Wall Mart is NOT Gioving anything away...especially in electronics! In many cases thery are higher than even Compusa!!

L:ike many, they are just going on people's ignorance and their "name" for low prices!

Last edited:
Well the rumor is that Toshiba is heavily subsidizing the HD DVD player. Maybe thats going to end soon. As far as hardware from Walmart goes, I would order from VE instead. But for HD DVD's Walmart is cheap.

I suspect that if either camp wants to have their format adopted, the price point will have to come WAY down and they will have to cheapen their manufacturing costs.

As volume increases, costs usually go down.

Joe Public will not be paying $500-$1000 for a DVD Player IMHO.

I remember buying my first Sony DVD at $1000 upteen years ago....but then, I have always been an early adopter...EXCEPT THIS TIME!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts