Status
Please reply by conversation.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Any hope of speeding up 30 second skip on HR20? It is pathetically slow compared to the HR10-250.

Its meant to be a slip rather then skip. So you wont see it change. It was done to stay in favor of broadcasters and commercials. Sorry.

They've shown studies that most folks, of course not including you, like to browse if not see them so if they see something they like, they can stop and view. So there are reasons around the slip. I know you dont agree and wish there was an override but the slip is here to stay.

I never used the 30 sec. skip on the HD Tivo because I wanted to browse through the commercial in case it was something I wanted top stop and watch. I prefer to just fast forward through commercials.

I find myself ok with the slip now. My wife never liked the skip and always ff through things no more the 2x on the Tivo. I too will stop periodically and check things out and glad I did.

I find myself ok with the slip now. My wife never liked the skip and always ff through things no more the 2x on the Tivo. I too will stop periodically and check things out and glad I did.

I don't know if the HR-20 is the same as the R-15 with "slip", but anyways it's still terrible, I try FFWD x2 but it doesn't go back like the TIVO:(, have to RWD till I get past the spot I want to start at, another reason that TIVO is better.

I don't know if the HR-20 is the same as the R-15 with "slip", but anyways it's still terrible, I try FFWD x2 but it doesn't go back like the TIVO:(, have to RWD till I get past the spot I want to start at, another reason that TIVO is better.

I think that has been fixed now.

Any hope of speeding up 30 second skip on HR20? It is pathetically slow compared to the HR10-250.

I'm not sure exactly how slow "pathetically slow" is, but when I am watching a baseball game, I hit the skip four times when the inning is over. Within a few (maybe ten) seconds, the commercial is over and the game is back on.

Where did you say that?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you, but I would have to think if everyone with an HR-20 already knows they fixed it, then you would of realized I don't have one and was talking about the R-15.

I don't know if the HR-20 is the same as the R-15

But next time for your sake I'll try to be more specific.:rolleyes:

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you, but I would have to think if everyone with an HR-20 already knows they fixed it, then you would of realized I don't have one and was talking about the R-15.

But next time for your sake I'll try to be more specific.:rolleyes:

How do I know what everybody else knows? :rolleyes: If it didn't work well for you, perhaps you stopped using it and therefore not aware that it had been fixed.

Since I like Sports, NFL mostly, I find I prefer the slip to the skip because I can hit the Jump Back button when I see the ball snapped. Comes in real handy during the 2 minute drill and for quick snappers like Tom Brady.

I'm not averse to commercials as long as I don't have to view them in real time. I actually will go back to check out some that are well made.

IMO 30 second skip on the HR10-250 looks very slick and polished, the action happens immediately, no waiting. The "
slip" looks like some second class programming hack. Just my opinion

IMO 30 second skip on the HR10-250 looks very slick and polished, the action happens immediately, no waiting. The "
slip" looks like some second class programming hack. Just my opinion

I don't care how many updates the R-15 gets, it will never be as good as my DTIVO. The FFWD and RWD sucks, 30 second "slip" is a joke, plus no DLB..:mad:

Did they make these D* dvr's in China?

I wonder if advertisers or providers will get their dirty little fingers into the 30s slip like they have done with the 30s skip on my HR10? For those wondering what the heck I'm talking about, they have somehow made it so that the 30s skip is more like 2-3s. I first saw it with HDNet and now it happened with a show recorded on ABC (ch86). The 8s replay doesn't always work either.

I am a fan of the "Hi, I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC" commercials so when "slipping" through commercials, if I see one I haven't yet seen, I stop and go back.

Also, I agree that the slip is ideal for baseball between innings (and sometimes between pitches if there are runners on and the pitcher is slow) and for football between snaps. As soon as someone is tackled/goes out of bounds, bloop ahead 30seconds and ready for the next play. Isn't the play clock for NFL like 30 or 35 seconds?

I used to be a fanboi for Tivo, and still recommend it for anyone who is not using a sat-provided DVR, but I have grown to appreciate the toys I have right now.

I am a fan of the "Hi, I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC" commercials so when "slipping" through commercials, if I see one I haven't yet seen, I stop and go back.

Also, I agree that the slip is ideal for baseball between innings (and sometimes between pitches if there are runners on and the pitcher is slow) and for football between snaps. As soon as someone is tackled/goes out of bounds, bloop ahead 30seconds and ready for the next play. Isn't the play clock for NFL like 30 or 35 seconds?

I used to be a fanboi for Tivo, and still recommend it for anyone who is not using a sat-provided DVR, but I have grown to appreciate the toys I have right now.

I couldnt figure out if I said this until I saw your Avatar. :D I do the same things! The slip is actually nice and works great for sports. NESN Red Sox games 4 slips works nice. Might miss a pitch or 2 but easy to jump back. I especially like it during MLB playoff games. Games start dragging into 4, 5 and even 6 hours. WTF. I record, wait a few hours, then watch and skip the hell out of stuff. Between pitches become aggravating. Just throw the dang ball!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.