HD DVR information needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I have a good friend that's getting an HD DVR installed tomorrow by Direct. Does anyone know what model receiver it might possibly be? He's completely lost when it comes to anything tech and I've personally never used any Direct equipment. I thought I might look the receiver up if I knew the model number. I'm sure the installer will show him the basics, but he will probably rely on me for the first few weeks until he gets the hang of it. All I've ever used are the Dish Network receivers, but I figure they can't be that much different can they?

I have a good friend that's getting an HD DVR installed tomorrow by Direct. Does anyone know what model receiver it might possibly be? He's completely lost when it comes to anything tech and I've personally never used any Direct equipment. I thought I might look the receiver up if I knew the model number. I'm sure the installer will show him the basics, but he will probably rely on me for the first few weeks until he gets the hang of it. All I've ever used are the Dish Network receivers, but I figure they can't be that much different can they?

He'll probably get a HR22, 23, either one.
They have either a 320 or 500G hard drive in it.
IF he needs OTA and told them ahead of time, he could still get the HR20's, or a AM21 ota tuner add on.
He can also get the locals from D* if he's in an area that has thier locals.
They all work pretty much the same, different menu's and some features.

He can add an External Hard Drive if the internal one is not large enough.
You will not be able to access the internal when the EHD is plugged in and rebooted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts