HD-DVR Pricing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freddog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2005
Hi all and up front thanks for your advice. I just got off the phone with D* customer retention (as I am not under a contract) to inquire about the HD-DVR. They offered me the HD-DVR and a SD-DVR for a total of $499. I already have an HD receiver, but wanted to jump into the world of the DVR. I thought that the price was reasonable for both DVR's (one for my HD set and one for my SD set). If anyone has found a better price please let me know. They would also throw in the first 6 months of DVR service & HBO for free. Good deal or not? Thanks. (Sorry if this has already been disscussed, but I am new to the HD forum world)

That sounds like a good deal, but I am sure that price is after rebates and requires a 2 year commitment. (Yuk, 2 years) With the coming changes (hopefully soon), I would not want to be stuck in a 2 year commitment, because you never know what might happen.

Call Value Electronics (Link at top of this page) http://www.valueelectronics.com/

See what they can offer you. A lot of folks in this forum, including me, have purchased from Value Electronics. I was/am very pleased and believe everyone else feels the same.

By the way, the HDTIVO is an absolutely awesome piece of equipment.

Can I get the rabte with a printed out form from online ,or does the rebate form come with my bill?

freddog said:
Hi all and up front thanks for your advice. I just got off the phone with D* customer retention (as I am not under a contract) to inquire about the HD-DVR. They offered me the HD-DVR and a SD-DVR for a total of $499. I already have an HD receiver, but wanted to jump into the world of the DVR. I thought that the price was reasonable for both DVR's (one for my HD set and one for my SD set). If anyone has found a better price please let me know. They would also throw in the first 6 months of DVR service & HBO for free. Good deal or not? Thanks. (Sorry if this has already been disscussed, but I am new to the HD forum world)

Had heard of people getting $250 credits with the HD-DVR. Seems like that would have been the better way to go for you. COuld have still gotten the SD DVR with the rebate also.

Is the $499 price you got post rebate?

I have not ordered anything yet, but the $499 price is for both HD and SD plus I get the $100 rebate (forgot to put that in my orginal post). So I would pay $399 for both. Good deal or bad? Thanks

I think I will be waiting now on getting an HD-DVR until they offer more HD channels.

Neutron said:
I think I will be waiting now on getting an HD-DVR until they offer more HD channels.

With the latest pricing and rebate I was actually thinking about it. But since Spaceway2 hasn't gone up yet, and no real announcement of when it and any new channels will go live, I will wait until the Mpeg-4 HD-DVR to upgrade mine. Cancelled my HD pack a month ago. Will add each Sunday night when football starts again.

Neutron said:

I agree, no way would I buy a HD DVR right now, it seems like D* is trying to unload their inventory. Too many changes coming down the pipe....hopefully

Also, ther is no way I would agree to a 2 year commitment right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)