HD DVR Suggestion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
I have been with Directv for quite some time but my HD DVR is finally starting to play out. I have the HR20-700. My question is what is the best DVR out there to get or if there is a new DVR that will be coming out soon. Any information is appreciated.

I just got 2 HR23-700s from the DTV site for 99 bucks each with free overnight shipping. They rock.

Jerry, Generally if you order from D* you'll get whatever they have in the warehouse at the time.

The HR20 has an OTA tuner in it, the newer ones don't.
If thats something you need (I do) I would call D* and have them replace it and they will send you a new HR20, if you don't need the OTA tuner, then it doesn't matter which one you get.
only differences are pretty much slightly larger hard drive size the newer you get.
300-320-500G one other thing, if you get the HR23, you don't need the BBC's, thats about it.

I have been using the HR20-700 for years now, but like I said, I need the OTA tuner, so thats what they ship me when I need one.
I've added an External Hard drive to mine (1.5T) so the hard drive is not an issue for me.

He got them from DirecTV. :)

Exactly:)
It was showing that I could order one specially priced receiver for being "a vaulable customer" so I ordered one. Well I fgured I could only order one for that price but about a week later I noticed it still gave that price so I snatched up another.
I contemplated getting one from best buy because I didn't want to take the day off of work to sit here & wait for someone to come out with it on a truck but I noticed that they would ship it to me free & I could just swap it out myself so I basically got 2 for the price I would have paid at best buy.

I like the HR23, right out of the box it has alot of capacity, I am guessing it has at least a 500 GB drive in it & it doesn't need the BB converters hanging off the back:D I miss the off air tuner that my HR20-700 has, but I don't watch a whole lot of the non-DTV carried local channels anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts