HD DVR total home DVR = wires thrughout my WHOLE house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amendolaro

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
florida
im going to have 3 HD boxes down stairs, main TV in living room will have HD DVR, family room and bed room will have HD box, but will i have to have wires run ( i have tile, so cant hide wires) through my house? how does it work? thanks

aw man, can they use the coax cable that i currently use for comcast?

Very possible. Depends if your cable company used splitters along the way or ran all cables to a central location and is the correct type. How long ago was the cable run?

Very possible. Depends if your cable company used splitters along the way or ran all cables to a central location and is the correct type. How long ago was the cable run?

i JUST bought the house like 3 weeks ago.. it was built in 1988. not sure when the cable was run. ( i they do this, will i lose my comcast internet? )

It all depends on how the cable is run. To hard to say without knowing how things were run.

Are all your cables home run or not? Are they stapled to the baseboard or fished in the wall? Look at them closely and see what number is printed on them. If it says RG-59, its junk and they will need to replaced. If there are splitter hidden in the walls, then you can't use the wiring either. If they say RG-6, then you are good to go. DirecTV and cable internet CANNOT run over the same coax. MRV uses the same freq spectrum. You will either need to switch to DSL or VDSL (U-verse) or run a dedicated coax line from the cable tap to the modem. The MRV streams over the same coax line that provides signals to your receivers form the dish. No extra wiring is needed. Make sure you get all the best deals if you are a new customer! Lots of money to be saved! PM me if you need more details.

As for he rg59 /rg6 issue, YES, rg6 is the wa to go....thet said, I would never tell someone that the rg59 is junk, it can be used .... if its shorter runs he'll probably be fine.

He doesn't have to have the walls ripped out and replace the rg59. The installer can address you spacific install with you.

The installer will run new if possible, if needed.

That said, you can't have ANY splitters on the line between the dish and recvr.

As for your internet, they /you could run a dedicated line to the modem.
Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

DirecTV and cable internet CANNOT run over the same coax. MRV uses the same freq spectrum. You will either need to switch to DSL or VDSL (U-verse) or run a dedicated coax line from the cable tap to the modem.

There is no need to switch to DSL or VDSL. It all depends on how they ran the cable into the house and to the modem and cable boxes. Every time I have had cable modem installed they ran into the house and then right to a splitter. The splitter then carried the cable signal one way and the other leg went of to the cable modem. If this is what was done the cable box leg just needs disconnected and then that wiring can be reused as long as there are no other splitters in the way. This is why I stated it was to hard to tell without seeing how things were run.

Does your house have a crawlspace or a basement (that is not finished) if so, you can run wires under the house and drill a hole either up into the wall or in the floor behind where your television will be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone Else Seem to Notice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)