HD DVR Update 012a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark_

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Update 012a. Anyone know what this update is supposed to do? I searched the forums and didnt find anything on it. thanks

I only bought my hr20-700 a week ago and I am having problems with it I wonder if some one could help me understand the ubdates and how to get them. Also how do I tell what update I have on my receiver now. Thanks a Lot

Last edited:
Seeing the HR20-700 had a national update last night, your current update should be 12a

To check it, go to Menu, Settings, Set up, and then Select on Info and Test, give it about 50saconds and a new set of info will appear, look under Software, Past upgrade.

Seeing the HR20-700 had a national update last night, your current update should be 12a

To check it, go to Menu, Settings, Set up, and then Select on Info and Test, give it about 50saconds and a new set of info will appear, look under Software, Past upgrade.

[/Thank you Jimbos I will check it out. I don't have to do anything all updates will all be done automaticly? Direct is sending me a new receiver Wed if this update works should I send it back? Thanks again I just checked I have 12a it came in at 4:46 am]

[/Thank you Jimbos I will check it out. I don't have to do anything all updates will all be done automaticly? Direct is sending me a new receiver Wed if this update works should I send it back? Thanks again I just checked I have 12a it came in at 4:46 am]

Well, if it were me, I'd try to keep the second one, if you can afford it, I actually will be looking for another one sometime soon, possibly will wait till some more HD channels start to come in, I'm not sure ...

Jimbo

Looks to be the best one so far. I missed it during the week, but got it late/early saturday.

It did very well too although I had the external 500GB HDD on while it did the update to x012a (plugged into the eSata)

Turned off the 500GB and powered it on with the factory HDD to make sure is working.. and all was normal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)