HD Dvr upgrade question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jose313

Original poster
Dec 17, 2009
Michigan
Ok so my next door neighbor who got DishNet the same day we did about 10 years ago just bought an hdtv and called dish about upgrading to a hd dvr and they told him that he qualifies for free HD DVR Upgrade with free installation but the problem is how much the bill will go up

He currently subscribes to DishlatinoDOS $42.99

But in order to get HD channels he has to upgrade to DishlatinoMAX $42.99
and $10 for HD.

He currently has 3 - 311 (Owned)receivers so if he gets the hd upgrade they'll send him a duodvr

So his equipment would be 1- HD Duo Dvr(leased) in living room the tv2 in kids room and 1 - 311(owned)receiver basement.

The rep is saying that the bill will be as follows

$52.99 DishlatinoMax
$10.00 HD Programming
$5.98 DVR Service fee
$5.00 Leased Receiver fee
$7.00 HD Receiver Fee

I dont think thats correct right? Arent the $5.00 & $7.00 fee waived as its only one receiver leased and serving as the primary receiver?

I got this off the Dish Site terms conditions

Monthly equipment rental fee of $7.00 for HD receivers will apply for each receiver activated beyond the first. Monthly DVR Service Fee of $5.98 applies for all DVR receivers. 2-TV receivers must be continuously connected to a land-based phone line to waive the $5.00 monthly TV Receiver Connection fee.

The $7 fee should shouldn't be charged. The new HD DVR should be made the primary (1st) receiver on the account and there's no charge for that. The DVR fee is correct and since he owns the 311 there won't be a "lease" fee on it but a "2nd receiver fee" which is also $5.:rolleyes:
JMHO.

Ed

There will be no lease fee on the ViP DVR.

DISHLatino Max is required for HD. I suspect that this because there are very few channels in the lesser packages with HD versions.

The $7 fee should shouldn't be charged. The new HD DVR should be made the primary (1st) receiver on the account and there's no charge for that. The DVR fee is correct and since he owns the 311 there won't be a "lease" fee on it but a "2nd receiver fee" which is also $5.:rolleyes:
JMHO.

Ed
But wouldn't the $5 on the second 311 be waived if its connected to a phone line?

and thanks for your valuable info.

Last edited:
But wouldn't the $5 on the second 311 be waived if its connected to a phone line?

and thanks for your valuable info.

The $5 fee is waived on the second tuner of a dual tuner receiver if it is connected
to a phone line. A seperate receiver will always have the $5 tuner fee (or a $5
lease fee).

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)