HD DVR use in Motor Home?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ploiselle

Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I have a single LNB dish on our motor home. Will I be able to use an HD DVR receiver from the house in the motor home or will I have to lease an HD or Sd receiver since the HD DVR appears to need two lines.? I have not subscribe yet to DTV yet.

Thank you for the help.
Paul

I have a single LNB dish on our motor home. Will I be able to use an HD DVR receiver from the house in the motor home or will I have to lease an HD or Sd receiver since the HD DVR appears to need two lines.? I have not subscribe yet to DTV yet.

Thank you for the help.
Paul

You can use the rec. you have, but you obviously won't get any of the HD channels unless you use a different dish.
Is the single dish one that is permanently mounted on the RV ?

If you have access, you could always use a slimline dish and wire it to your HD rec.

Thank you for the reply. I do not have HD ready tv's in the motor home. I am just looking for reception. OTA is not going to be a good option, since our favorite campground is in a fringe reception area. Once the changeover takes place, I will need a new source for locals. On a good night, I have had over 30 stations at night and 0 in the fog the next morning.

Do you just hook up one of the cables instead of the two?

Thank you for the reply. I do not have HD ready tv's in the motor home. I am just looking for reception. OTA is not going to be a good option, since our favorite campground is in a fringe reception area. Once the changeover takes place, I will need a new source for locals. On a good night, I have had over 30 stations at night and 0 in the fog the next morning.

Do you just hook up one of the cables instead of the two?

Yes,
Make sure that you hook the cable up to Sat 1
Happy travels !

You will also have to rerun the setup each time you move the receiver to re educate the receiver to what dish and receiver it is connected to. Getting a D12 basic receiver at time you become a customer should be free. And much easier to move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts