Hd Dvr

Cune

Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
I apologize for not knowing the models I use, but currently I use a dual DVR (SD) box to control my main TV and also my other TV in another room.

I'm thinking of upgrading to HD. I was told by a Rep that they are unable to offer a HD receiver with the same type of setup. Do they even have a HD receiver with a DVR.

Is there a link that describes all the current receivers available to a noob like me?

Thanks!

VIP622 and VIP722.

Both are HD DVR's that output to two rooms. Output 1 is HD, output 2 is SD. The only difference is the 722 has a bigger hard drive.

Two satellite tuners on each and one over-the-air tuner. So you can simultaneously record 3 programs.

VIP622 and VIP722.

Both are HD DVR's that output to two rooms. Output 1 is HD, output 2 is SD. The only difference is the 722 has a bigger hard drive.

Two satellite tuners on each and one over-the-air tuner. So you can simultaneously record 3 programs.

Thanks for the info..

If I have the HD output going to Room A and the SD output to Room B, can you watch HD recordings from Room B Television?

Thanks for the info..

If I have the HD output going to Room A and the SD output to Room B, can you watch HD recordings from Room B Television?

Yes, but anything sent to TVB will be output as SD. If you want HD on the second TV you will need to get a dedicated HD DVR for that room.

Thanks for the info..

All of the outputs are live. So if you don't mind the same thing playing on both TV's, you can use the component cables for room A and the HDMI output for room B or vice versa. Just remember that for the component room you will need to run a red/white audio feed as well because component doesn't carry audio.

Decent priced 5 wire cables can be found at monoprice.com

722 has a switchable mode. You can either have the same thing outputted to both TVs (which is awesome for a single guy like me), or you can have TV1 and TV2 as different outputs. If they are both outputting the same thing you get PIP and can watch one show while recording another. My second TV is an SD using the coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)